Search for an Un-Ally Star.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
FB_IMG_1653942497911.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Wasn’t there a dit or myth on here years ago about a couple of blokes dossing under their tank & it sinking down on top of them?

Historically told since the invention of the tank!

TheSockPuppet

On ROPS
On ROPs
Wasn’t there a dit or myth on here years ago about a couple of blokes dossing under their tank & it sinking down on top of them?
Not a myth, but seeing as that picture is taken on a hard standing, also not much of a risk. As someone above said, common sense here.

Sleeping under a tank in a muddy field- Darwin Award Fodder
Eating your dinner as above - common sense

Not a myth, but seeing as that picture is taken on a hard standing, also not much of a risk. As someone above said, common sense here.

Additionally the tank does not necessarily have to be the 'right way up' to eat under it.

WWII colorized (46).jpeg

_Chimurenga_

LE
Gallery Guru
"Officer uses a disabled a German ‘Goliath’ tracked mine as a desk for dispensing pay to RAF personnel; Normandy; July 1944."

1653977707231.png

NSP

LE

Presumably lying under the tank on the cold hard ground to scoff is more comfortable than actually sitting inside the tank...?!

TamH70

MIA
Presumably lying under the tank on the cold hard ground to scoff is more comfortable than actually sitting inside the tank...?!

Nothing worse than digging into your boil in the bag scran and getting a shell under your turret ring. Train as you mean to fight, and all that good stuff.

More common fu#@ing sense I'd say.

Oh I don't know... Sitting in the commander's slot with my feet up on the gunner while the loader makes the brew has a lot going for it...

I suspect that pair aren't part of the crew... ;-)

Latest Threads