Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search for an Un-Ally Star.

But it's not green.
Duh,

Green is the colour of Tequila which therefore could attract Mexicans to the subject tank in their constant need to slate their thirst (and eat worms and take over Texas, probably).

Whereas desert cam. Or in the case of these 2 men, Dessert Cam is more in keeping with their mission.

Am I the only one around here with this sort of inside info?

Taps side of nose etc.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Folks, we have a winner.

With the caveat that R. Sigs. officers are equally sartorially challenged, which is hardly surprising given that they have their roots in the mounted branch of the Army.

Er.

They are the unwanted ginger stepchild of the Royal Engineers.

Though of course sapper officers were indeed mounted.

Er.

They are the unwanted ginger stepchild of the Royal Engineers.

Though of course sapper officers were indeed mounted.
Interesting, I had no idea. In the Spanish Army, the signals (Transmisiones) is still a branch of the Cuerpo de Ingenieros. The actual engineer types are called zapadores and the signals types are called scalybaquios.

Interesting, I had no idea. In the Spanish Army, the signals (Transmisiones) is still a branch of the Cuerpo de Ingenieros. The actual engineer types are called zapadores and the signals types are called scalybaquios.

And the cavalry are called Kuntos?

I also believe their mounts are called Frey Bentos...

But it's not green.
Is this tank green enough for you?

Surinamarmydafguntruck.jpg

It appears to be brown.

Ergo, not a tank.
Ah the old red-green colour blindness game where there is a difficulty discerning brown and green making "olive" and khaki shades difficult. Apparently affects blue/purple too and plays havoc with those choosing soft furnishings and complimentary colours :)

It looks like the quad .50 is secured by only one canvas tie-down strap. I wouldn't like to be the poor sod who attempts to actually fire it.
I think that is why the rear tyres on the tank have reduced pressure to aid in stability?

Ah the old red-green colour blindness game where there is a difficulty discerning brown and green making "olive" and khaki shades difficult. Apparently affects blue/purple too and plays havoc with those choosing soft furnishings and complimentary colours :)

I bow to your superior knowledge of colours... :)

I bow to your superior knowledge of colours... :)

I'm aware purely because I struggle with the Ishihra colour test due to a degree of colour deficiency. The olive/khaki or blue/purple can be difficult under artificial light. Artificial light changes the spectrum perception. The bonus is that I sit and have coffee while Wifey looks at carpets and curtains. A ploy many should have thought about ;-

Latest Threads