Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search for an Un-Ally Star.

In that front 3 person row, I notice ( well you would..... ) that two of the gents have left-handed pull handles, while the chappie saluting has a right-handed pull. Most curious, unless he or they have clipped the reserve upside down. :eek:
It's the CO who's marching rigged for right handed.

So, obviously, everyone else has it wrong.

Funny though, if you're a frequent jumper, you'd probably notice if your kit was on backasswards.

It's the CO who's marching rigged for right handed.

So, obviously, everyone else has it wrong.

Funny though, if you're a frequent jumper, you'd probably notice if your kit was on backasswards.
These officers obviously had their dress-wallahs kitting them out.

With a small amount of care you can pack a slab of twenty-four into a reserve container.
That would be nice for after.

But would I believe, be a wee bit awkward if you suddenly needed an extra bit of silk at 200 ft.

Not speaking from experience, I have never felt the need to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
But would I believe, be a wee bit awkward if you suddenly needed an extra bit of silk at 200 ft.
By which time it is likely to be academic.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I’m surprised some South American outfit hasn’t paraded trailing their ‘chutes behind them like brides with minions carrying them like bridesmaids.
Don’t give the Spanish Legion any ideas for Gods sake.

With a small amount of care you can pack a slab of twenty-four into a reserve container.

Red Chinese mortar pack works better. Carry as a slung load between your drumsticks. You can also get a bottle of Red Heart in there with the slab of beer, and a couple of two litre bottles of Coke in the tube carrier. Did a few demos into nominally dry DZs (churches, schools and so on) equipped in that manner.

In that front 3 person row, I notice ( well you would..... ) that two of the gents have left-handed pull handles, while the chappie saluting has a right-handed pull. Most curious, unless he or they have clipped the reserve upside down. :eek:
The reason for the alternate pull handle arrangement is for uniformity depending on which para door you exit from.

This is standard procedure for the Bolivian Marching Powder, I mean, Bolivian Marching Parachutist display team.

You can tell by the tightness of their harnesses that they really are crack troops.

It seems the Military in South America have a 'thing' for marching along with ridiculously sized bits of kit.

69bd5609168e17e96dbd4ef6a1f0b7eb.jpg

Door Dog Bundles anyone?

gettyimages-1169606566-2048x2048.jpg

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Latest Threads