Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search for an Un-Ally Star.

cymraeg

War Hero
Jesus Christ. I thought the nadir of shoite car paint had been reached with the Vauxhall Frontera in "Apache." I was clearly wrong...

$_86.JPG
I had one of them many moons ago with the irmscher kit on it. Good little truck but ******* hideous paint

Chimp

ADC
a mate missed his by a day, the fact he was at deaths door on the Uganda made no difference.
Really? If he were wounded surely he is eligible- was he?

I think he might have been spinning you one.

The medal with rosette was awarded for one day's service within 35° and 60° between 2 APR and 14 JUN 1982.
SS Uganda was within those latitudes as a hospital ship from when the Task Force arrived in theatre until 10 JUL, leaving for the UK eight days later.

The Uganda was only serving in the medical role for twenty-six days after hostilities had ended, so I can't see how he was one day short of the medal while on the ship.
TBH im sure the rest of the guys on the section picked up the medal and rosette maybe he did not chase it up properly even under Blairs change pf rules and dates he should have picked something up.PVR ed within months so maybe had the **** ems

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
TBH im sure the rest of the guys on the section picked up the medal and rosette maybe he did not chase it up properly even under Blairs change pf rules and dates he should have picked something up.
If he'd have been within the latitudes of 35° and 60° for only one day at any time from 02 APR until 14 JUN 1982 he'd have had the medal with rosette.

It's not physically possible for him to have been in theatre and then onboard SS Uganda as a patient for twenty-nine days starting 15 JUN.

If the part about Uganda is discounted, then his his story of missing the gong by just one day would be gen up if he'd not deployed at any time between 02 APR and 14 JUN.

.PVR ed within months so maybe had the **** ems
Or maybe he liked spinning a dit.

If he'd have been within the latitudes of 35° and 60° for only one day at any time from 02 APR until 14 JUN 1982 he'd have had the medal with rosette.

It's not physically possible for him to have been in theatre and then onboard SS Uganda as a patient for twenty-nine days starting 15 JUN.

If the part about Uganda is discounted, then his his story of missing the gong by just one day would be gen up if he'd not deployed at any time between 02 APR and 14 JUN.

Or maybe he liked spinning a dit.
tbf he had all the normal photos from the airfield just after, iirc was there when the WG lads got taken out by a missile mis fire.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
tbf he had all the normal photos from the airfield just after, iirc was there when the WG lads got taken out by a missile mis fire.
I know someone with photos from Chindit operations, he missed out on the Burma Star by only one day despite never having been there during these ops.

I'm sorry, but no matter how proud you are of passing P Coy marching around carrying your entire rig is not ally.

Would love to see 16X march up Colchester High Street like this mind. Bet they would love it.

bolivian-army-e8d27844-d3fe-43e2-ad09-a7ec45f6c29-resize-750.jpg

I'm sorry, but no matter how proud you are of passing P Coy marching around carrying your entire rig is not ally.

Would love to see 16X march up Colchester High Street like this mind. Bet they would love it.

View attachment 540051
How about on the double, while carrying the containers as well!
:)

I’m surprised some South American outfit hasn’t paraded trailing their ‘chutes behind them like brides with minions carrying them like bridesmaids.

Last edited:
In that front 3 person row, I notice ( well you would..... ) that two of the gents have left-handed pull handles, while the chappie saluting has a right-handed pull. Most curious, unless he or they have clipped the reserve upside down. :eek:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
In that front 3 person row, I notice ( well you would..... ) that two of the gents have left-handed pull handles, while the chappie saluting has a right-handed pull. Most curious, unless he or they have clipped the reserve upside down. :eek:
Reserve handles ?
We don't got to show you no steenking reserve handles !

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

View attachment 540051
With a small amount of care you can pack a slab of twenty-four into a reserve container.

Latest Threads