Search for an Un-Ally Star.

For clarity: Within a State there tends to be a standardisation of uniform and vehicle mark up style. The design of the badge of office for a particular type of law enforcement is pretty much standardised across the State. All deputy's regardless of county will have the same style badge with probably their own county name on it. Likewise all city police officers will have a similar style badge with their own city name displayed. And Constables will have a similar style badge across Texas, along with similar shoulder badges.

Where it does go wild is sub-units within a department having their own warry design badges to wear on their overalls, SWAT kit and camo uniforms. So with the lot pictured that was a department of three blokes the man in charge could basically do what he wanted on any uniform other than the official day uniform (No. 2's). The Greek helmet theme along with swords seems to be popular for a fair few units, there was even a tactical conference over in Arizona a few years ago where the logo and design theme was Spartan warrior...........made me cringe when they handed me the programme of events with a Spartan on the cover.
Could have been worse. Could have been a Trojan ......... (hat, coat, etc.)

Ah.

So, your Spartan doesn't have the BV permanently 'On', thus ensuring NATO Standard availability at all angles of elevation whilst ensuring that the batteries are drained by 0500? :cool:
No, my Spartan wears sandals and a dress.

For clarity: Within a State there tends to be a standardisation of uniform and vehicle mark up style. The design of the badge of office for a particular type of law enforcement is pretty much standardised across the State. All deputy's regardless of county will have the same style badge with probably their own county name on it. Likewise all city police officers will have a similar style badge with their own city name displayed. And Constables will have a similar style badge across Texas, along with similar shoulder badges.

Where it does go wild is sub-units within a department having their own warry design badges to wear on their overalls, SWAT kit and camo uniforms. So with the lot pictured that was a department of three blokes the man in charge could basically do what he wanted on any uniform other than the official day uniform (No. 2's). The Greek helmet theme along with swords seems to be popular for a fair few units, there was even a tactical conference over in Arizona a few years ago where the logo and design theme was Spartan warrior...........made me cringe when they handed me the programme of events with a Spartan on the cover.
I've seen a motto along with the Spartan helmet theme on some of the badged up kit monkeys. Molon Labe or something along those lines.

I've seen a motto along with the Spartan helmet theme on some of the badged up kit monkeys. Molon Labe or something along those lines.
Favoured by the USMC

Challenge coins: From the almost subtle..........

To the ridiculous.................

I wonder how it would go down if you reminded them that the Spartan lifestyle was a bit on the homoerotic side?

I wonder how it would go down if you reminded them that the Spartan lifestyle was a bit on the homoerotic side?
Its a good thing that they are not into Op Massive and the young chaps doing some manly rough and tumbling in the block over the weekends then.

1582950061140.jpeg

There we go, SPARTAN. The programme cover was similar to this.

Oh dear...
Now was that..........”oh dear, I have been missing out all these years and could have had challenge coins made in the shape of a Zulu shield”, or

“Oh dear, I wish I had never seen that”.

I’ll take a wild guess at the latter.

As many US army members will tell you, the Tun Tavern was a well know gay meeting place that's why the Marines started there.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

_Chimurenga_

LE
Gallery Guru
As many US army members will tell you, the Tun Tavern was a well know gay meeting place that's why the Marines started there.

I see what you did there ........ :)

as I understand it the USMC has a long and illustrious history of improvising and making do when the correct equipment is unavailable to them.

Last edited:

MrMemory

War Hero
Spanish Legion, a rapid reaction force apparently. What they react to rapidly God only knows but they look fabulous!!!

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 10.32.51.png
e85104d6bcdb85830576e300edebdef3.jpg
5080116615_f73d56227b_b.jpg

Makes sense when you remember Spain was colonised by the Arabs and much of the Spanish way of doing things is heavily influenced by that. A Spaniard once told me: "You're only gay if you are on the receiving end."

Makes sense when you remember Spain was colonised by the Arabs and much of the Spanish way of doing things is heavily influenced by that. A Spaniard once told me: "You're only gay if you are on the receiving end."
were you looking over your shoulder at him at the time?

Latest Threads