Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Search for an *Ally* star

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fac505106-d3a2-11e8-a7e2-4943f60e65b3.jpg

Bloke on left needs haircut

Bloke on right just needs hair

And are we supposed to believe they got the pilot of that there Pucara to land, and surrender, without a single SLR between them?

I'm slightly intrigued as to when the photo was taken given where/how the bloke on the right spent the latter part of that international disagreement.

Not far off in an international sort of way. (beyond that I'm afraid you'll have to do your own research).
This has strange resonance

Our RMO absented himself from Berlin in the early 1980s, when RMP began to investigate allegations of kiddie fiddling

A few years later, I pick up a copy of The Times, on whose cover is a picture of the UN team climbing the steps of the courthouse for the inquest into the allegations of an Israeli inspired massacre at Shatilla (sp?) refugee camp.

And there's the Percy little deserter, fourth from the head of the column . . .

Delete "SAS" between "WW2" and "windproof"
They were issued far more widely.

There were so many about that a vokhuisvol were given to the valiant allies from across the Channel after the end of the war.
My Bn was issued them for a Kenya exercise in 1969.

My Bn was issued them for a Kenya exercise in 1969.
Yeah they turned up alles uber die platz.
Considerably rarer these days, lightweight denim isn't a particularly hard wearing material.
A pal who was an instr at Sp Wpns in Dering mentioned they'd been issued loads that they'd turned into suits or cut up for scrim.
He was right rooted when he found out what they were worth.

Bloke on left needs haircut

Bloke on right just needs hair

And are we supposed to believe they got the pilot of that there Pucara to land, and surrender, without a single SLR between them?

I am led to Believe that one of these two fine chaps has just written a book about his experiences there, and is trying to debunk the myth that THEY are " A BUNCH OF OCCIDENTAL MILITARY MONKS"

His rather good book which will hopefully appear soon for review

ACROSS AN ANGRY SEA
THE S.A.S. IN THE FALKLANDS WAR
Across An Angry Sea | Hurst Publishers

I am led to Believe that one of these two fine chaps has just written a book about his experiences there, and is trying to debunk the myth that THEY are " A BUNCH OF OCCIDENTAL MILITARY MONKS"

His rather good book which will hopefully appear soon for review

ACROSS AN ANGRY SEA
THE S.A.S. IN THE FALKLANDS WAR
Across An Angry Sea | Hurst Publishers

The man that needs a haircut is Lieutenant-General Sir Cedric Delves.