Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Search for an *Ally* star

39967b450400dbca86d4a40e7a8824b7.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

"Lance Corporal A.P. Proctor. Italy 1943."

Apparently he was in the 56th Infantry Division so he was almost certainly in the London Scottish.

And yes, the photo has been colourised.

Is that his Grindr profile picture?

What’s more worrying is the bloke clearly sat in front of a mirror and applied it, unless one of his mates buddies up and did it for him and he’s no idea he’s stood there looking like a prize prick

What’s more worrying is the bloke clearly sat in front of a mirror and applied it, unless one of his mates buddies up and did it for him and he’s no idea he’s stood there looking like a prize prick
His mate must be a smooth opr, he's also done the two ouens over the gunner's left shoulder.

Looks like they've got a thing for lightning bolts:
2ldc469.jpg

I think they're navy which might explain it.

Notice the ribbon of a decidedly ally MM on his battledress?

Definitely one of the early No1 MkV1 conversions, I wonder if it has the A prefix and suffix, oh how to tease rivet counters!
I had a waisted fore sight protector, it was incorrectly fitted to a south African issued Savage No4 Mk1*, I swapped it out for a normal pattern and bugger me if I cant find it, it was bent out of shape too!

Definitely one of the early No1 MkV1 conversions, I wonder if it has the A prefix and suffix, oh how to tease rivet counters!
I had a waisted fore sight protector, it was incorrectly fitted to a south African issued Savage No4 Mk1*, I swapped it out for a normal pattern and bugger me if I cant find it, it was bent out of shape too!

The image is titled 'LCpl Poulter, Italy 1943' throughout the web: Poulter is, allegedly, a Canadian soldier. This seems to be borne out by his BD which (OK, the image has been colourised later) is of distinctive Canadian pattern and design.

Canadian BD differed quite a bit from so-called UK P40 BD: the cut was more tailored, the dyes used gave it a greener tint over the true khaki of P40 and the button closures at the front, breast pockets and cuffs were hidden.

Having said all that, Poulter wears absolutely no badges of rank and no Arm of Service or unit designators, other than the ribbon of a MM. Either he has just received a new issue purely for PR purposes-or he is British, as many units received Canadian BD issues if Brit stocks were low.

Canada produced no No1 MkVIs: so, how did our supposed Canadian sniper end up with one of these?

The image is titled 'LCpl Poulter, Italy 1943' throughout the web: Poulter is, allegedly, a Canadian soldier. This seems to be borne out by his BD which (OK, the image has been colourised later) is of distinctive Canadian pattern and design.

Canadian BD differed quite a bit from so-called UK P40 BD: the cut was more tailored, the dyes used gave it a greener tint over the true khaki of P40 and the button closures at the front, breast pockets and cuffs were hidden.

Having said all that, Poulter wears absolutely no badges of rank and no Arm of Service or unit designators, other than the ribbon of a MM. Either he has just received a new issue purely for PR purposes-or he is British, as many units received Canadian BD issues if Brit stocks were low.

Canada produced no No1 MkVIs: so, how did our supposed Canadian sniper end up with one of these?

The IWM states he was 56th Infantry Division.

THE BRITISH ARMY IN ITALY 1943

1529691454255.png