Search for an *Ally* star

Oyibo

LE
Operation Barras:

1642377722391.png

And an unusually accurate vid:

That's basically true. But even more importantly, the folks took the language of the day over to the New World with them. It was thus never subject to the influences steadily altering British English and remained "old fashioned". That's why the Septics still refer to murder as "homicide" - among many other similar cases.

MsG

I think the ghost of dear old Hamlet might take issue with that statement .

" Homicide most foul, must be avenged " does not ring any bells with me .

The early FN's were loaded by charger, the mag was generally only removed for cleaning.
That was one of the types trialled, not adopted.

Those there are in full L1A1 config, whether they were originally FN made and upgraded, or Enfield / BSA production (you can't tell from the pic).

BTW in the Woolwich collection in the Rotunda, there was an L1A1 built on an FN trials receiver which had been kept up to date, so even had the plastic furniture. That was a bit of a "wow" one to see!

Those there are in full L1A1 config, whether they were originally FN made and upgraded, or Enfield / BSA production (you can't tell from the pic).

BTW in the Woolwich collection in the Rotunda, there was an L1A1 built on an FN trials receiver which had been kept up to date, so even had the plastic furniture. That was a bit of a "wow" one to see!
I know that type wasn't adopted, I didn't say it had been. When I was in recruit training at Bassingbourn there were a number of them in the armoury, we used them on CFT's etc instead of service weapons. They were all converted to Drill Purpose (DP).

colinmc400

War Hero
Not sure the chair is issue, but anyone shooting back in bomb alley nearly 40 years ago (where did that go!) must be worth a post.

View attachment 632136
Aw that image makes me chuckle. Gimpy on a lash up pedestal mount, what could go wrong. In my case, once the RM CSM said “let her rip”, I duly obliged and never let off even as the barrel carved a graceful arc up and right. Just as well the Booty acted as my travel stop, or gawd knows what I might have hit

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The early FN's were loaded by charger, the mag was generally only removed for cleaning.

Here y'go...

Latest Threads