Search for an *Ally* star

Pteranadon

LE
Book Reviewer
B sqn sherwoodrangers.jpg

on matters cavalry and camp. This is B squadron the Sherwood Rangers. The officer on the right is Myles Hildyard MC MBE. Pretty much openly gay, but I guess the rules were slightly err bent for a landowner in a Yeomanry regiment. Pre WW2 he took a male friend as his guest on a ladies night and his diary entries for Normandy mention his attempts to seduce household cavalrymen. He escaped from Crete was the IO in 1942 and then a staff officer in 7th Armoured Div - hence the gongs

View attachment 582343
on matters cavalry and camp. This is B squadron the Sherwood Rangers. The officer on the right is Myles Hildyard MC MBE. Pretty much openly gay, but I guess the rules were slightly err bent for a landowner in a Yeomanry regiment. Pre WW2 he took a male friend as his guest on a ladies night and his diary entries for Normandy mention his attempts to seduce household cavalrymen. He escaped from Crete was the IO in 1942 and then a staff officer in 7th Armoured Div - hence the gongs
As chronicled by James Holland in

&

View attachment 582343

I think their vetting was a bit lax:

German Spy.png

While we are on a bit of a desert theme:

Yom Kippur War with a mixture of ally, non ally and Sideshow Bob ally.

9-1024x640.jpg

TamH70

MIA
Yebbut, you would have thought the Austrian accent might have been a bit of a combat indicator?

. . . in other news, it seems that Nicholas Cage has a bit of a back-story:

Well, to be fair he has form for that sort of thing. Here he is in a piccy from just five years after The War Between the States, courtesy of the Daily Mail.

That's the unspeakably racist label with a person of colour serving a white officer under fascist colonial rule, it's changed now and both of them are equally sipping revolting coffee substitute in racial harmony.
View attachment 582283

The scots don't care who serves them, as long as it's not a fellow scot.

The scots don't care who serves them, as long as it's not a fellow scot.
Untrue. Geordies are not house trained, Norfolkians put too many fingers in the soup while waiting on, EsseKentish haven't learned to talk yet, preferring a system of grunts, and the least said about the Welsh the better.

We're very choosy about who serves us.

TamH70

MIA
Are they your solicitors you're threatening carrots with?
Naw, those would be "Gnabbit, Grabbit and Runne, Solicitors L.L.P".

HTH and all that stuff.

Taken from todays BBC website regarding the withdrawal from AFG.

AFG SF I believe.

_119250051_mediaitem119250050.jpg