Search for an *Ally* star

44, seriously? I thought '58 belt and '44 water bottle pouches used to be the fashion.
Back in the days of 16 Para Brigade all the old school types seemed to wear a 44 pattern belt with their Dennison Smocks instead of the issued 58. Prior to the issue of 58 pattern webbing 16 Para Bde units were issued 44 pattern webbing instead of 37 pattern like the rest of the Army. The only units to be issued with it outside the Far East which it was designed for.

Is he wearing a thumb-ring on his left hand?
Maybe it's a grenade pin.:oops:
1618769362013.png

Whereas the fellow on the right has just realised he's 8,000 miles from home and he left the gas on.

Could be worse, Dave Lister on Red Dwarf left a light on and he was 3 million years from home.

Isn't he the French chap who hangs around the D Day beaches telling everyone he was in the SAS in WW2? The architecture looks like Normandy - perhaps Arromanches?
Nope, I think he is from good old Blighty as this picture may make clearer.

And yes, @blackmetallic was correct. He is sporting 2 or 3 cock rings.

BFA841.jpg

Zhopa

War Hero
Nope, I think he is from good old Blighty as this picture may make clearer.

Bless Alamy. Plainly they thought it was too cruel to update the caption to something a little closer to reality.

Bless Alamy. Plainly they thought it was too cruel to update the caption to something a little closer to reality.

So many of these agency stock photos are miscaptioned.

He has a wiff of a Harry Enfield character to him. He also has more of a passing resemblance to Harry Enfield.

So many of these agency stock photos are miscaptioned.
I don't think the photo agencies put much effort into verifying photos. They generally just accept whatever the third party photographer decided to call it unless they get a lot of complaints about it. The photographer of course gets royalties based on sales, so they have little incentive to be accurate if it means less money for them. The main thing the agency concentrates on is collecting payment from customers.

Looking for accuracy from photo agencies is like looking for truthfulness on Facebook or Twitter. It can happen, but you can't count on it.