Search for an *Ally* star

One of the books he co-wrote - Piste Sans Fin - was a real ' influencer ' in my choices of what to do when school was done.
Does that translate as "Pissed at the End"?

What, join a French Colonial Parachute Regiment?

Non!
But definitely empathise with a European , Christian, Martial race , stuck in the crossroads of time, how do we keep ( or lose ) this Empire with the least loss of life/face/wealth etc.

If I had been born then - Yes I probably would have joined them.

Today, no - more likely FFL.

Did a search and no results came back.

This lady has just recently celebrated her 100th birthday and is more ally than I could ever muster in my entire lifetime.

Phyliss ‘Pippa’ Latour Doyle MBE, the last surviving female Special Operations Executive. At age 23, Phyllis parachuted into occupied Normandy in May 1944 to gather intelligence on Nazi positions in preparation for D-Day.

w5m19xjoehs61.jpeg

Oh I don't know. Change the colour of the beret and stable belt to maroon and it could just as easily be an ex Para in the Shot wondering where everyone has gone for the last 21 years and why there are so many hats and Nepalese grannies round these days.
A small but important addition (much like the Nepalese grannies).

What's the stable belt?
Is that a Wah?

You see them in the strangest places. I found one, stuck away at the back of a cabinet, when I was delving through the tat in what passes for an antique shop, more of a flea market really, in San Juan Capistrano, California - it even had the owners last 3. I can only assume it was given to one of the DS at the BUDS School in Coronado before eventually being sold off when hard times hit, or as part of a deceased estate. $80 they were asking for it, did'nt have a clue what it was - but it did not fall into the description of art deco pottery so I did not buy it.

This was the place, I'm back there in July and shall see if it is still in the cabinet.

Oh I don't know. Change the colour of the beret and stable belt to maroon and it could just as easily be an ex Para in the Shot wondering where everyone has gone for the last 21 years and why there are so many hats around these days.

........oh, you mean Airborne Forces Day in Aldershot. Lots of old, pissed, confused, former airborne types wandering around.

His valet/batman was taking care of his boss by making sure he looked ally with a 58 pattern belt.
Well, his ‘37 pattern one was getting a bit worn.

Latest Threads