Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search for an *Ally* star

I'm sorry, but British officers should be banned in perpetuity from wearing berets.
I think that's Roy Urquhart in Service Dress behind the late Queen, and Boy Browning to the left (as you look at it) of Princess Elizabeth.

I wonder if this pic of HM talking to RSM John Lord was taken during the same visit ?

1606529606353.png

Denison Smock, Helmet Parachutist, Browning pistol, face veil, bulled boots and pace stick.
What a bloke !

I want that British Warm!

I think that's Roy Urquhart in Service Dress behind the late Queen, and Boy Browning to the left (as you look at it) of Princess Elizabeth.

I wonder if this pic of HM talking to RSM John Lord was taken during the same visit ?

View attachment 524322
Denison Smock, Helmet Parachutist, Browning pistol, face veil, bulled boots and pace stick.
What a bloke !

' . . . and the helmet will be worn with the rim parallel to the ground, both knees are braced and the remainder of the body is erect and square to the front!'

Bless 'im.

Corporal Aubrey of the SBS (Special Boat Service) sharpens his fighting knife as he prepares for combat, in the Aegean.
Cpl Aubrey.jpg

Portrait of Captain David Lloyd Owen with Private 'Tich' Cave on the back of the 30 cwt truck behind, outside the Farouk Hotel in Siwa. Lloyd Owen joined the Yeomanry ('Y') Patrol of the Long Range Desert Group in mid 1941 and went on to lead it after the original Commanding Officer was wounded.

Stolen without shame from a military history FB group

Quite ally I think, in an odd sort of way...

Attachments

• lloyd owen1.jpg
    lloyd owen1.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 212
Portrait of Captain David Lloyd Owen with Private 'Tich' Cave on the back of the 30 cwt truck behind, outside the Farouk Hotel in Siwa. Lloyd Owen joined the Yeomanry ('Y') Patrol of the Long Range Desert Group in mid 1941 and went on to lead it after the original Commanding Officer was wounded.

Stolen without shame from a military history FB group

Quite ally I think, in an odd sort of way...
Tpr Anthony "Tich" Cave was the eye's and ear's of the 8th Army, serving with Y (Yeomanry) patrol of the LRDG. The attached picture is of Tpr Cave MM M.I.D Royal Wiltshire Yeomanry.
22089125_485859761812943_3730717008090547904_n.jpg

I don't know which unit these lads are from, but the look on the face of the fella in the centre is one that says
'Just fill my mess tin, and let me get back to the war..'

Bringing Food To The Soldiers In The Trenches.jpg

Latest Threads