Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search for an *Ally* star

You’ll have @stacker1 on here banging on about having to wear cam cream on exercise next...
To clarify I said why wear it on tech exercises, apparently its so soldiers can have the martial mindset.

Absolutely. You wouldn’t want that to give away a whole column of clanking gun limbers and braying donkeys :)

You’ll have @stacker1 on here banging on about having to wear cam cream on exercise next...

Anyway I thought wristwatches were a rarity pre WWI?
They were, it was the first unpleasantness which saw them come into common usage.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I think this is Ally,

Leading the men and donkeys through the Kyber Pass carrying a swagger stick while smoking a pipe.

Come on then you Afgahni tribesmen, fcuking bring it on.

View attachment 524070
That's quality!! One of my lecturers in college during the early 80s began his military career as a subaltern in the Mountain Gunners. He started on the NW Frontier and then moved to Burma / Malaya. He transferred to the RA on the Partition of India in 1947, and finished his time as an RAEC Instructor Officer in BAOR. A cracking bloke with a vast store of interesting dits.

ETA: he used to smoke the most rank-smelling cigars!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Oyibo

LE
Exercise before the invasion

Another one from the same visit:

1606504737349.png

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
16065052486218360938089062128356.jpg

The children of Orkney MP Neven-Spence.

Note the Parachute Regiment shoulder flash, the Pegasus and the Airborne badge as well as the wings.

chimera

LE

Latest Threads