Search for an *Ally* star

I'd never heard of him either, so I googled and found the Wiki page.

Chilled to the bone.

Ten hour shifts, pistol shot execution every 3 minutes in a purpose built room, floor hosed down...Next!

For 28 consecutive nights.
Interesting to contrast the Soviet and Nazi approaches to mass murder. The Germans went for specially constructed camps and industrialised killing, the Russians just used pistols with individual executioners who really liked shooting prisoners.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Interesting to contrast the Soviet and Nazi approaches to mass murder. The Germans went for specially constructed camps and industrialised killing, the Russians just used pistols with individual executioners who really liked shooting prisoners.
Manpower - never a constraint where the Soviets were concerned.

ugly

LE
It’s more telling of the nations compassion to its own executioners that the Germans realised early on that the stress was destroying the sondercommandos morale and efficiency whereas the NKVD knew that fear of disobedience to the state and its consequences was enough

Chimp

ADC
I'd never heard of him either, so I googled and found the Wiki page.

Chilled to the bone.

Ten hour shifts, pistol shot execution every 3 minutes in a purpose built room, floor hosed down...Next!

For 28 consecutive nights.
I am not normally squeamish; however upon reading his Wiki page I felt physically sick. I think it was the shear banality of evil.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
It’s more telling of the nations compassion to its own executioners that the Germans realised early on that the stress was destroying the sondercommandos morale and efficiency whereas the NKVD knew that fear of disobedience to the state and its consequences was enough
Quite. It's notable that even monsters like Blokhin ended up mad in the end.

TamH70

MIA
Descended into alcoholism and mental illness.

Good, frankly.
Yeah, on that. The statistical likelihood of him having a natural death or a proper suicide when he was left with his dick dangling in the wind after both Stalin and Beria were offed is vanishingly non-existent. Someone got to him, and it was probably on the orders of Kruschev.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Yeah, on that. The statistical likelihood of him having a natural death or a proper suicide when he was left with his dick dangling in the wind after both Stalin and Beria were offed is vanishingly non-existent. Someone got to him, and it was probably on the orders of Kruschev.
Aye, you’re probably right.

Either way, couldn’t have happened to a nicer bloke.

The conclusion I drew was that the Soviets conducted their mass murder programme in a covert manner.

Working under the cover of darkness.
Each prisoner taken to a room, positive ID, handcuffed, led next door into the soundproofed execution room, shot (with a German pistol - plausible deniability?), dragged out the back onto waiting covered flatbed trucks, driven (in numbers), to pre excavated burial pits, covered up before first light.

250 per night, every night for a month, and most of them by the hand of one man, is some going.

The executions were covered in the 2007 film "Katyn". I`ll link to the vids but they make for disturbing viewing. The sadism of some members of the human race never ceases to amaze me....

It must have been very emotive for people watching those scenes in Poland. At least the Germans generally treated the Polish Armed Forces they captured in 1939 and subsequently, according to the Geneva Convention.

Pteranadon

LE
Book Reviewer
It must have been very emotive for people watching those scenes in Poland. At least the Germans generally treated the Polish Armed Forces they captured in 1939 and subsequently, according to the Geneva Convention.
Not quite
In the first three months of war, from the fall of 1939 until the spring of 1940, some 60,000 former government officials, military officers in reserve, landowners, clergy, and members of the Polish intelligentsia were executed region by region in the so-called Intelligenzaktion,[39] including over 1,000 POWs.[40][41][42][43] Summary executions of Poles were conducted by all German forces without exception including, Wehrmacht, Gestapo, the SS and Selbstschutz in violation of international agreements.[44] The mass killings were a part of the secretive Operation Tannenberg, an early measure of the Generalplan Ost settler colonization. Polish Christians as well as Jews were either murdered and buried in hastily dug mass graves or sent to prisons and German concentration camps. "Whatever we find in the shape of an upper class in Poland will be liquidated,"[45]

We seem to have gone from an Ally German Falshirmjager at Gran Sasso, Italy, 1943, to 'Desert'boots in Aldershot in the 70s and 80s to mass executions from 1937 to 1994.

Last edited:

Pteranadon

LE
Book Reviewer
We seem to have gone from an Ally German Falshirmjager at Gran Sasso, Itatly, 1943, to 'Desert'boots in Aldershot in the 70s and 80s to mass executions from 1937 to 1994.
....and we can go back to ally via a German mass murderer

apologies if this has been posted before.

Last edited:

Latest Threads