Search for an *Ally* star

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
To remain in this period of history, a hard as nail American pilot who was KIA over DBP, James McGovern.

His nickname was "Earthquake McGoon".....

RIP

(lt looks like this link is playing up...but the Wikipedia article on him does exist)

1586075882304.png

1586075912158.png

1586076843369.png

His co-pilot, Wallace Bufford, who also died in the crash, posing in front of the type of plane he flew when hit by Vietminh AAA over DBP on 6 May 1954

His remains were found in 2002 in Laos.

Below, the verbatim of the French ambassador to the USA's speech when he awarded the Légion d'honneur to 7 former US CAT pilots who flew missions over DBP. It is well worth a read.

Last edited:

Oyibo

LE
I reckon this padre is doing rather well considering his job:

1586695048908.png

1586695118462.png

Certainly Allier than the Padres I knew

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Didn't the Padres you knew tell you the secret location where the female soldiers used to topless sunbathe?
What do mean, female or soldiers ?
Or were you thinking of the RLC "private garden" ?

TamH70

MIA
I reckon this padre is doing rather well considering his job:

View attachment 465002

View attachment 465003

Certainly Allier than the Padres I knew
I found that guy on a Facebook page which had another striking piccy of him and Mother Nature doing its thing in the background. Since he's still serving, I'm a bit torn as to whether or not to post it here, considering his full name is on it, and we don't tend to like bubbling that kind of information out there.

I found that guy on a Facebook page which had another striking piccy of him and Mother Nature doing its thing in the background. Since he's still serving, I'm a bit torn as to whether or not to post it here, considering his full name is on it, and we don't tend to like bubbling that kind of information out there.
Morning @TamH70,
Is that his name or a spoof patch?
Screenshot_20200412-194905_DuckDuckGo~2.jpg

That's just his surname. The Farcebook page has his full name and unit.
By the looks of things, he's a bootneck bish...

Oyibo

LE
It's pretty much out there in the public domain. If you have qualms about it smudge out the name

I'm sure there was a Padre posted somewhere on here with THOSE wings as well.

I'm sure there was a Padre posted somewhere on here with THOSE wings as well.
Yup.

I could never work out if it was because he was previously badged or had managed to do an SFPC somehow.

Latest Threads