Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
What are the horizontal stripes between rank and Division patch?
It's a stard, the patch on which his service bars are displayed. Everybody knows all sergeants are bar stards.

*Any resemblance to the truth, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Cool it with the Dago.
That sounds like the name of a dodgy seventies band with a lookalike for the above milkman and a bloke with a massive afro.

Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I can take one of the roles.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
the navvieswere also known as the mile a day men .

Last edited:
IIRC the strips denote the seniority of the regiment (infantry) Although I can't make it out but from the top of the sleeve it's the regimental name, then the div insignia it's in, then the arm aos which in this case is a small red strip. I think the remaining strips denote a junior regiment.

I might be wrong and I'm happy to be corrected.

IIRC the strips denote the seniority of the regiment (infantry) Although I can't make it out but from the top of the sleeve it's the regimental name, then the div insignia it's in, then the arm aos which in this case is a small red strip. I think the remaining strips denote a junior regiment.

I might be wrong and I'm happy to be corrected.
i found something that i posted earlier #13,005 which said it was about denoting which brigade the unit it was from (would that correspond to seniority?). thought it was interesting but personally dont have a clue if its correct or not

Latest Threads