Search for an *Ally* star

That Bruce geezer is quite ill apparently. He had a bad landing or something after a jump to commemorate D-Day.
Thanks for the info. I didn't realise.

This is from Bruce Crompton's facebook page:

'Hi everybody, you may of noticed I’ve been off comms and offline for some time now, here’s the reason why-
Keeping up the traditions of commemorative parachute jumps we do, on the 4th April we travelled to Holland to carry out a commemorative jump carried out by the French SAS in April 1945 at Amherst in Holland. This was due to be one of three jumps, to qualify for the DAKS Over Normandy jump on June 5th, out of 37 wartime C47 Dakota’s.
Unfortunately, all did not go to plan, as I turned into the wind too early and got caught on the edge of a small tree line. Unfortunately my ankle was caught after landing in the trees, I immediately started to become inverted. To release my ankle, thinking I could grab the tree opposite, so I could then climb down.
The tree was having none of it, sending me head first, a good 25 foot to the ground.
Very very lucky to still be here, writing this post.
Sustained four broken vertebrae, three cracked ribs, punctuated kidney, internal bleeding, ruptured spleen, pneumonia, staphylococcus infection...all just to name a few of the injuries.
You could say Ive had better days.
After 30 days in hospital in Holland, several of which in ICU, I’ve been able to come back to UK via ambulance only to be admitted straight into the Norfolk & Norwich Hospital to carry on with treatment and recovery.
If we’d of been filming this jump for Combat Dealers, it would of made a great episode, thankfully though, we weren’t.
However I’m happy to report that although this was a very close call, whenever life punches you, you get straight back up again.
Although I have quite a bit of convalescence time needed ahead, I will keep you all in the loop with what we are working on and new projects we have coming up.
Big thanks for all the kind support we’ve received.
Happy Days,
Bruce'

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I didn't realise. This is from his facebook page:

'Hi everybody, you may of noticed I’ve been off comms and offline for some time now, here’s the reason why-
Keeping up the traditions of commemorative parachute jumps we do. Very very lucky to still be here, writing this post.
Sustained four broken vertebrae, three cracked ribs, punctuated kidney, internal bleeding, ruptured spleen, pneumonia, staphylococcus infection...all just to name a few of the injuries.
You could say Ive had better days.
Big thanks for all the kind support we’ve received.
Happy Days,
Bruce'
Hello Bruce, you should have 'PM'd me brother. I could have arranged all of those injuries at an 'ARRSE' social gathering here in London without going to all of that International parlava and parachuting stuff.

Seriously though, well done to you. Really pleased to see you back on the keyboard and in good form :)

Hello Bruce, you should have 'PM'd me brother. I could have arranged all of those injuries at an 'ARRSE' social gathering here in London without going to all of that International parlava and parachuting stuff.

Seriously though, well done to you. Really pleased to see you back on the keyboard and in good form :)
God, I'm not him.
I was quoting from his Facebook page! Apologies for confusion caused.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
:(. Tell him anyway, we do sympathise. Would a snog from @StBob072 make up?
I beg your pardon? I've been on holiday. What have you volunteered me for, and is there danger money?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm not Bruce Crompton. Long story - I posted a comment from Mr Crompton's Facebook page and it has caused some confusion. I'm not him. I quoted him.

Ahh, glad that's clear. I don't think I know either of you so I'm guessing Alec Lomas stuck a pin in his little black book and I got dicked to snog someone.

Mind you, people have been known to get up and run away... :)

Along the same lines as the Beaufighter raid.
Baron de Selys-Longchamps, Belgian RAF Typhoon pilot vs Gestapo HQ Brussels.
Gestapo chief killed, flags dropped.
Baron de Selys-Longchamps demoted for the unauthorised mission and awarded the DFC at the same time!

The big childrens annual get together at Fort Bragg. You will not find more designer stubble Allyness, or a more varied collection of expensive Ally toys anywhere.

TamH70

MIA

Latest Threads