Search for an *Ally* star

That German picture does look bollocks , even before i googled the weapon which is some sort of multi barrelled ground to air rocket launcher , of which only a few were produced and used .

Looks like another weird reenactor

Not sure if thats him on the left .

The image just seems to have appeared on Pinterest with no provenance and be shared many times so its deffo one of these odd folks .

That German picture does look bollocks , even before i googled the weapon which is some sort of multi barrelled ground to air rocket launcher , of which only a few were produced and used .

Looks like another weird reenactor

Not sure if thats him on the left .

The image just seems to have appeared on Pinterest with no provenance and be shared many times so its deffo one of these odd folks .
I'm not so sure.

That there uniform appears to have taken a right beating - and the photo is well lit and exposed. Worlds apart from the tiny teen in the colour piccie

If it's a WaltenProdukt it's been very proficiently faked

Last edited:
I'm not so sure.

That there uniform appears to have taken a right beating - and the photo is well lit and exposed. Worlds apart from the tiny teen in the colour piccie in

If it's a WaltenProdukt it's been very proficiently faked
Yes, too well lit and exposed to the point of having a touch of Photoshop about it. That's what rang the bell.

I was wondering if his thick glove would get stuck in the trigger guard of the P-38.
I looks a bit 'posiert'. There is a shadow cast from the peak of his cap, no shadow on the ground indicating possible lighting and an un-natural brightness on the wall to the left (as we look at it) of his head.

His gloved mitt does look too big for the pistol, added to which he has no holster to shove it into. No evidence of the Schmeisser for which he is carrying a mag pouch and a couple of potato masher grenades shoved nonchalantly in his belt.

It looks like a 'how warry am I' piccie.

I looks a bit 'posiert'. There is a shadow cast from the peak of his cap, no shadow on the ground indicating possible lighting and an un-natural brightness on the wall to the left (as we look at it) of his head.

His gloved mitt does look too big for the pistol, added to which he has no holster to shove it into. No evidence of the Schmeisser for which he is carrying a mag pouch and a couple of potato masher grenades shoved nonchalantly in his belt.

It looks like a 'how warry am I' piccie.
That's exactly what was I referring to: the light on his face is unnatural.

I noticed how posed it was - like a modern promo shoot.
I wondered why no obvious MP when he's wearing the appropriate pouches and at first thought he was carrying a Bangalore of some description.
The fact it's a rather obscure, late war weapon that also appears in the hands of another re enactor similarly dressed as SS in post from @Grouchy adds to my suspicion it's fake - but very good.

It's the face that doesn't seem right - too well fed - roll of fat under the chin, not gaunt enough for a front line soldier and no thousand yard stare...

Real soldiers...

To me as well it looks like steel toe boots, they are very big over the toe area? Also does he have thick leather gloves on? I don't think he would have those or actually need them.
And the angle and stance is not natural it's posed. Seem as those weapons most likely only saw service in the last week's or days I don't think he would be posing proudly for photos. And he has been at the ration box!

As a matter of interest where did that shot come from. There's something about it that doesn't quite ring true - maybe the lighting. I may be speaking from my hoop but it looks anachronistic.
I wondered that. It might have been the set of 9x9 poles that caught my eye.

edited to add beaten to it by Bob!