• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Search for an *Ally* star

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I put up a pic on this thread about 5 years ago of ? I think des Archer as he also holds the greatest number of operational jumps as well, re I think?
Yebo, Des had something like 73 or 74 fireforce lobs but I'm still unsure if he had the five in a day.
Fcuked if I can recall the other troopie's name.

The meisie said I'd remember better if I tried rehydrating and "detoxing" with natural juice.
I'm now pretty sure she didn't mean natural Belgian hop juice.

Yebo, Des had something like 73 or 74 fireforce lobs but I'm still unsure if he had the five in a day.
Fcuked if I can recall the other troopie's name.

The meisie said I'd remember better if I tried rehydrating and "detoxing" with natural juice.
I'm now pretty sure she didn't mean natural Belgian hop juice.
Des Archer (an Englishman in 2Cdo, RLI ) holds the record of 73 operational jumps.

The five-in-one-day may actually refer to an unidentified member of the BSAP's Support Unit who ran something like 40km in one day to take part in five separate contacts.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
The five-in-one-day may actually refer to an unidentified member of the BSAP's Support Unit who ran something like 40km in one day to take part in five separate contacts.
Shit spot then.

Mostly, British/Commonwealth soldiers are natural Ally (IMHO), but there is one here that is either more Ally or less Ally than his comrades, I cant decide which..
ally 1.jpg

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

ugly

LE
My vote is for the Bren Gunner for wearing a scarf with panache!

Going into battle armed with fresh fruit is a good start.

My vote is for the Bren Gunner for wearing a scarf with panache!
Are you sure?

I'd have thought a decent aftershave would have sufficed...

Yes Cutaway I was thinking of the chap with the MP40. Dont often see photos of our people with enemy weapons..
Maybe it was felt that ours were better than theirs so no one bothered with them.
Maybe we did use them but the censor didn't let such pictures get out,
Maybe no one bothered due to ammo issues.....
Dunno,

but pipes we can do..
pipe 2.jpg

Yes Cutaway I was thinking of the chap with the MP40. Dont often see photos of our people with enemy weapons..
Maybe it was felt that ours were better than theirs so no one bothered with them.
Dunno,

but pipes we can do.. View attachment 332312
Oblivious to the health risk posed by smoking.

Dunno,

Wearing shorts in the desert has to be nails. I often wonder how you do dash, down, crawl, observe, sights, fire in shorts on sharp rocky ground.

I'm reminded of Philip Caputo's A Rumor of War, in which one of the other Lieutenants had shaved prior to their first action, making the point about being smartly turned out prior to any initial encounter. Caputo was more concerned about sweat getting into any nicks and scratches.
I’m not sure where I read it but the French at Dien Bien Phu did the same before jumping in because it was part of ‘elan’.

Dunno,

That's Upham VC, mass killer of Germans. Close the thread.