Search for a "Walt" Star!!!

ACAB

LE
Rather an old story now and although there are thousands of Walts out there I thought this particular individual is a cnut of the highest order.

The never served twat with the SAS cap badge 2nd from left.

View attachment 551935

View attachment 551936

Good Lord!!!

I read that story with growing incredulity that anyone could be that dense. And then to publish a rebuttal!!! He must have a solid brass neck!!

Good Lord!!!

I read that story with growing incredulity that anyone could be that dense. And then to publish a rebuttal!!! He must have a solid brass neck!!

Hard to believe really, isn't it?

There are more holes in his story than in Rab C Nesbitt's vest.

Not least on where he received his wings.

He says it was RAF "Abington" in Berkshire. No such place exists or ever has existed.

RAF "Abingdon" is in Oxfordshire and was a jump school.

How likely is it that a soldier would forget which airfield and which county he gained his wings at? (Not least because he would never stop telling you about it).

Hard to believe really, isn't it?

There are more holes in his story than in Rab C Nesbitt's vest.

Not least on where he received his wings.

He says it was RAF "Abington" in Berkshire. No such place exists or ever has existed.

RAF "Abingdon" is in Oxfordshire and was a jump school.

How likely is it that a soldier would forget which airfield and which county he gained his wings at? (Not least because he would never stop telling you about it).
But Abingdon was I think in Berkshire before they screwed around with the County boundaries back in the 70s. I think after that it fell into the Vale aka South Oxfordshire!

But Abingdon was I think in Berkshire before they screwed around with the County boundaries back in the 70s. I think after that it fell into the Vale aka South Oxfordshire!

Fair enough. I wasn't aware of that.

There is still no RAF Abington though.

It was, & the County Town of Berkshire too.

Has there ever been a Waltette ?

1614210486894.png

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I created an account on arrse purely to post this experience, because it crosses my mind every few weeks and makes me chuckle.
While I don’t want to sound like I’m on a high horse this story genuinely happened.
I currently work at Currys and have done for a couple of years nearly, and a good few months back I was doing my usual mundane sh!te and this bloke came along, talking to me about tellys and stuff and just wanted info. Told him what he wanted to hear and I thought that would be it. He then explained he works as a self employed electrician, which as you can imagine my response was “oooooo” and he started chatting about that.
Then it happened. He asked me what my future plans were and I said I’d recently applied to join the army. (start basic next month as of writing, quite excited to say the least now.). He seemed relatively interested, and there was a slightly short/slightly long uncomfortable pause. He then explained how before he was an electrician he was in the army, and.... wait for it....
*leans in* this is what regiment I was in”
*shows back of phone case showing the winged dagger*
He then proceeded to explain how he knew them lot on the balcony. And told me about numerous ops he’d been on which he couldn’t tell me about(?)

i understand I’m not in, and I might not even be in a position to cringe at this, but my god I was glad I was wearing a facemask.
I mean if he was in then fair play, but I was getting huge vibes of Super Army Soldiers.
A good 20 minute chat with him, I earned about £3 in that time.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I created an account on arrse purely to post this experience, because it crosses my mind every few weeks and makes me chuckle.
While I don’t want to sound like I’m on a high horse this story genuinely happened.
I currently work at Currys and have done for a couple of years nearly, and a good few months back I was doing my usual mundane sh!te and this bloke came along, talking to me about tellys and stuff and just wanted info. Told him what he wanted to hear and I thought that would be it. He then explained he works as a self employed electrician, which as you can imagine my response was “oooooo” and he started chatting about that.
Then it happened. He asked me what my future plans were and I said I’d recently applied to join the army. (start basic next month as of writing, quite excited to say the least now.). He seemed relatively interested, and there was a slightly short/slightly long uncomfortable pause. He then explained how before he was an electrician he was in the army, and.... wait for it....
He then proceeded to explain how he knew them lot on the balcony. And told me about numerous ops he’d been on which he couldn’t tell me about(?)

i understand I’m not in, and I might not even be in a position to cringe at this, but my god I was glad I was wearing a facemask.
I mean if he was in then fair play, but I was getting huge vibes of Super Army Soldiers.
He's gen. I wuz wiv him. :mrgreen:

Cat with natty collar and tie -Cool Story meme.jpg

Did you drain his balls directly into your throat?

Thanks a bloody lot mate. That’s the last time I confide in you when I am looking for a TV.

Will take my business to Comet from now on.

Which bizarrely, a Comet was the first aircraft I deployed to Oman in. Don’t like to talk about it these days mind. Parachuted into Mirbat from it.

Actually, it might have been Maplins come to think of it.