Search for a "Walt" Star!!!

I encountered a guy on Remembrance Sunday who must have been a walt. Wearing a medal for a conflict he'd have been too young for or at most saw the very tail end of, made machine gun noises describing where he served and went on about fighting and mates being killed next to him.

He was doing a good job of impersonating someone suffering with severe PTSD I guess.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I encountered a guy on Remembrance Sunday who must have been a walt. Wearing a medal for a conflict he'd have been too young for or at most saw the very tail end of, made machine gun noises describing where he served and went on about fighting and mates being killed next to him.

He was doing a good job of impersonating someone suffering with severe PTSD I guess.
What was the campaign ?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
The 1987 Asda Christmas advertising campaign.
Not sure where that comes from reference Jammy66's post, but I assume it's funny in the advertising trade.

It’s worse still the b******* seems to be wearing a Unitas medal!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
It’s worse still the b******* seems to be wearing a Unitas medal!
Certainly looks like the ribbon, but the gong seems to be UN ?

Certainly looks like the ribbon, but the gong seems to be UN ?
I just can’t stand it - the horror of earning the Unitas Medal: the Castle beers; safaris; shopping; cricket etc, etc... After that things were never the same again. And now he brings it all back!

Castle? Deserve a medal for bravery for putting that in your mouth.
It always got me that Castle was 5% apv and Castle Light 4.5% apv - latter must have been for moffies.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Castle? Deserve a medal for bravery for putting that in your mouth.
Ag, Castle was the better choice - of the main brews - back then.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
It always got me that Castle was 5% apv and Castle Light 4.5% apv - latter must have been for moffies.
It has less "bodybuilding" calories than the 4-stroke.

Think the fully leaded one was 5.5, same as the Milk Stout but okes used to swoon and swerve the Milk Stout due to being a dark ale. Perception was that it was insanity levels of alcohol and you'd fall over after two.

It's the only decent beer SAB make TBH. Time was it was all the PBs would drink but the bloody marketing turds at SAB have them drinking Hansa and Castle lite now. The shame...