Sean Smith Iraq Video - Inside the Surge

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by GuyT, Jul 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. thats the most interesting and real documentary i have seen to date really shows the life our troops are living ... scary really although i must say im looking forward to going out as i want to do my job for real

2. Harrowing with the flipped IFV...

3. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Can't veiw it as I'm at work and don't have flash 8
    Is this the one that was on C4 news this week?

4. Not sure, but it's well worth a look, here's the link for your home PC

lhttp://www.guardian.co.uk/video/page/0,,2125978,00.html

5. Guys look exhausted. I wonder how many sons of congressmen are out there on extended tour ??

6. t_b_s - yes it's the same one HERE on Channel 4 news.

7. My step brother is out there at the moment (he is in the US Army). He deployed as I returned to the real world after my Telic stint. I thought 8 months was a wounder but he has just been extended another three months.

That is on top of the additonal 3 months that he was already extended. 18 months on tour, 2 weeks leave (which he has had) maybe another 2 weeks if they can get it.

No matter where you are, when you are on tour the sentiments for those that put you there are all the same.

A great look at life, the Journo has done well there.

8. They are certainly putting in the hours, thats getting close to a massive 2 years on OPS....

Hope your step brother stays safe feller.

9. A very good and informative video.
    It shows it from both sides and the exhaustion is telling. Joker, I hope your step brother finally gets home safe.

10. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Good men...

11. I particularly liked the black guy volunteering to stay on an extra 3 months if his Congressman would shadow him.

I wonder how likely that is?

12. Perhaps now that he has a little more time on his hands, Action Man Tony Blair could also go and spend a little time "shadowing". He could take Campbell with him.

13. Yes very interesting video. I don't know the Americans cope with tours that long....

One thing I didn't understand is where the commentator said they were on 'random house searches'? I presume the journalist has gotten the wrong end of the stick there. We don't actual do 'random' searches do we? Seems incredibly annoying for locals and quite wasteful of resources.

Tricam

14. I think you will find that he is a little busy doing the evening presentation circuit.