Seamans cards

Discussion in 'Police, PMCs, Security' started by bigscottyboy, Dec 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hey all,

    Trying to get a job in the maritime security industry, but having trouble obtaining seamans card/discharge books.
    Companys want you to have them butt you need to be employed to get them, not many companies seem to want to sponsor them these days.
    I still have 2 months left to serve, anyone know if I can either get them through the system or know how I go about getting them without having someone to sponsor me?

    Thanks is advance
  2. If you cant get a UK one , try for a Panamanian, and dont forget to get a discharge book for tax purposes and stick to the 6 month rule.
  3. Im guessing your not a Matelot? You can get certificates from the RN CBRNDC schools saying your trained in the sea safety side of life if you have done it in the mob, but if your a pongo im guessings its unlikely you will be able to.

    There where things on maritime security you could do on resettlement but i think its been scaled back cos of the number of royals and matelots jumping ship.