Seamans cards

Hey all,

Trying to get a job in the maritime security industry, but having trouble obtaining seamans card/discharge books.
Companys want you to have them butt you need to be employed to get them, not many companies seem to want to sponsor them these days.
I still have 2 months left to serve, anyone know if I can either get them through the system or know how I go about getting them without having someone to sponsor me?

Thanks is advance

S

syledis

If you cant get a UK one , try for a Panamanian, and dont forget to get a discharge book for tax purposes and stick to the 6 month rule.

Hey all,

Trying to get a job in the maritime security industry, but having trouble obtaining seamans card/discharge books.
Companys want you to have them butt you need to be employed to get them, not many companies seem to want to sponsor them these days.
I still have 2 months left to serve, anyone know if I can either get them through the system or know how I go about getting them without having someone to sponsor me?

Thanks is advance
Im guessing your not a Matelot? You can get certificates from the RN CBRNDC schools saying your trained in the sea safety side of life if you have done it in the mob, but if your a pongo im guessings its unlikely you will be able to.

There where things on maritime security you could do on resettlement but i think its been scaled back cos of the number of royals and matelots jumping ship.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Angry Hat Jobs (Discussion) 9
Jip Travolta ARRSE: Site Issues 35
Ops_Offr The Training Wing 7