Sealskinz Gloves

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by NAP6W, Dec 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just bought a pair of these - fantastic. Bit pricey at £25, but windproof, waterproof and breathable. Your hands don't get warm or cold - they just stay the same temp all the time. www.sealskinz.com

2. Bo**ocks!

I wore them in the Brecon Beacons in a torrential downpour as I was tabbing across the mountains and they were soaked through by the end of the day. It was a non-tac weekend in civvi kit, so I had full waterproof kit on, with wrist seals done up and all.

Not impressed.

No offense meant to you, I may have simply had a faulty pair.

3. Wore these in the field this weekend and they are bizarre. They dont keep your hands warm - they keep them at a constant temperature. It is ok but a wierd feeling. Other than that they were great and very gripping on the old bullet chucker.

4. I must admit that they do look good. Is it easy to change mags? It's a right pain with the issued ones.

5. Very grippy - no prob with mag changes. Did Plt attack with them on, helped protect my hand as I vaulted a barbed wire fence !!

6. Ive got some and not all that impressed. Depends what you want them for, in my case it was for stopping my hands freezing over. Bit of a failure there. As for changing mags, its do-able, assuming you have enougth warmth in your fingers to move them still. I don't think there is enougth dexterity to use them in combat though, bombing up etc is a nightmare with them on.

7. Got a pair and have no complaints.

Wore then while on a Merlin last week, kept my hands warm even with the ramp open for ages.

8. I had a pair, and they might be waterproof on the inside but after a downpour everything I touched was soaked.

9. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

I think I may have a dodgy pair... wore them for sorting out the garden, fell to bits with little snags on branches and such tearing it apart. Not really impressed.

Also, the socks they produce - anyone else found that even in an un-lined boot they fill up with sweat? Or is that just me.... :?

10. good kit paid about 15 quid for mine a while back they are what the contact gloves should have been

11. No dramas with mine.

They keep my hands comfortable and dry and don't interfere with dexterity that much.

I don't think they were designed with gardening in mind though BBear.

You can always get a set of leather gloves over them, then you are toasty.

12. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

I was thinking along the lines of if they cant withstand a bit of gardening, how are they supposed to withstand the rufty tufty of army stuff...!

But point taken :) Like I say, maybe I had a duff pair.

13. Had mine for 5 ish years now and only worn them twice as they are crap, OK for damp conditions but try Catterick or Sennybridge in summer and you will soon find their weakness.

JB68