Seagull recued in Norwich.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Nobby Sapper, Jan 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A seagull was rescued from a tree in Norwich city centre. It took 15 firemen and 3 appliances.

Is this a sensible and cost effective use of tax payers money?

A spokesman for a nearby wildlife sanctuary said ever life counts equally and they would have used it as training exercise anyway.
    A local tree surgeon said he could have rescued it by using a harness.

Norwich seagull rescue causes flap nationwide - News - Norwich Evening News
  2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I'd have shot it.
    • Like Like x 10
  3. I would have thought a shotgun would be cheaper?
  4. that just confirms my theory that the RSPCA are utterly ridiculous. The fire service should have told them to ram it and do something more worthwhile.

A friend of mine tried to get them to intervene when her ex-husband locked their children's rabbits in the garage and went away to live elsewhere - they suggested that she broke in, despite it no longer being her home, and monitor the situation herself. Twats.
  5. Bastard seagulls!

There I was, a big tea urn, 15 mugs and a skip full of biscuits, no one turned up..... AGAIN!

When the hell is my extension going to get finished?
  6. What? Like play volleyball or snooker? It's not like they probably had much else to do.

Besides, it was awfully high up there, my ears went pop, and I didn't want to jump down into Norwich, all those people with blowholes on top of their heads would have tried to sacrifice me to their pagan gods........savages!
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I was out clay shooting just before Christmas and a bastard shitehawk flew high overhead. I carefully took aim and thought 'fuck it, I'll have a pop at the cunt' I didn't think I'd actually hit it, but sure enough when I pulled the trigger, the thing fell cleanly out of the sky and landed in the woods behind me.

Ha! Revenge for all the years I spent cleaning your oppo's shit off the flight deck. Cop 12 bore lead you cunt.

I hate seagulls.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Was it called Steven ?
  9. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I decided 'Splat' was an appropriate name for it.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. A spokesman for a nearby wildlife sanctuary said ever life counts equally.

Fine they can pay for the job. I ask you what utter tosh, a left and right would have sorted the shitehawk out.
  11. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

is this de ja vu? I seem to have seen this on other websites two years ago ??
  12. Was it Mystic Megs fan club site?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Zero-Over just wanted to see the fireman doing their job........use a cat the next time.
  14. Got any photos of the firemen? Purely for research purposes, obviously.
  15. Zoe is the blerk with the camera, you'll have to stalk him in chat :D