Seach and avoid...

Aliff said he participated in roughly 300 patrols. "We were hit by so many roadside bombs we became incredibly demoralised, so we decided the only way we wouldn't be blown up was to avoid driving around all the time."

"So we would go find an open field and park, and call our base every hour to tell them we were searching for weapons caches in the fields and doing weapons patrols and everything was going fine," he said, adding, "All our enlisted people became very disenchanted with our chain of command."
Different. Be nice to know if this is kosher, the US does seem to hammer their troops with tours but parking up rather than moving on the ground? I find this hard to believe with all their tracking devices and such.

I find it hard to believe the IF would leave them alone if they were a stationary target and so slack in their drills. And 10th Mountain is supposed to be one of their better? I've seen plenty of times when Yanks did things badly, but not at all? Doesn't ring true, I'm afraid.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Dahr Jamail said:
"Morale was incredibly low," said Aliff, adding that he joined the military because he was raised in a poor family by a single mother and had few other prospects.
Dahr Jamail said:
Aliff, who is now a member of the group Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW)
Worse than the fact that the report was filed by Dahr Jamail is that it's on Michael Moore's website - that cnut couldn't lie straight in bed.

Alsacien

MIA
The_Goon said:
And it IS Michael Moore...
Who may be a fat sh1t stirring lefty - but you have to credit the guy with raising some interesting points in his previous enterprises.....

Personnally I would suggest he teams up with Sacha Baron Cohen for his next film - that would really make for some interesting revelations!! :D

"They've already lost a guy, and they are now fostering the sectarian violence by arming the Sunnis while supporting the Shia politically ... classic divide and conquer."

He's a very eloquent and politically astute GI isn't he?!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Alsacien said:
The_Goon said:
And it IS Michael Moore...
Who may be a fat sh1t stirring lefty - but you have to credit the guy with raising some interesting points in his previous enterprises.....
Yeah, make something up, pretend it's a documentary and the uninformed will think it's gospel.

Alsacien said:
Personnally I would suggest he teams up with Sacha Baron Cohen for his next film - that would really make for some interesting revelations!! :D
No, Cohen's work is far too authentic for Moore.