Sea Of Fire BBC2 2100 1/6/07

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Yokel, May 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tomorrow night, at 2100, BBC will be screening a docudrama called Sea of Fire about the sinking by Argentine aircraft of HMS Coventry on 25 May 1982.

The ship losses in the Falklands have been covered in many documentaries, book and internet sites, and have been discussed in many threads on PPRuNe, ARRSE and similar sites. This, however, appears to be an attempt to reconstruct the events which led to her loss, including the attack, damage control attempts and the abandon ship phase, from the point of view of those who were there. I don't think this has been done before.

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Bump- this has had some good press write ups!!

3. Gremlin

Final bump before off time!

4. ill be watching it... i think it will be good...

we will never forget

5. Sounds interesting, its just starting now... though some reason name sounds familiar... has it been on before?

6. Interesting so far. On in the background!

Litotes

7. Very moving, and bluntly honest, RIP to those who didnt make it.

8. RIP to those who gave it all

9. Almost in tears - must be getting old. RIP guys.

10. Best bit for me was when the guy was told to shine the searchlight in the pilots eyes...........outstanding reply.

Very well done. Lot of programmes like this really get on my tits, but this one was really good

11. Gremlin

You were not the only one. Great television, and I thought that the Skipper came across very well, especially his views on Combat Command.

Engee- spot on with the chap on the Aldis, it had me giggling"

basically: "Fuck off, I am not making myself a target!"

12. Very good - despite a few inaccuracies. Obviously filmed aboard a T42 with the equipment they have now, including things fitted a result of lessons learnt in 1982. Also the siren/alarm...........odd and not the genuine klaxon.

But very good for puting the human story across.

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I liked it!

14. Just watched it on tape, you tend to forget sometime that the RN were in a big shooting match too, the bit when the matey knew it was getting hairy as he said the sea darts fired then the cannon and then the jimpys.

15. untallguy

untallguy Old-Salt Reviewer Book Reviewer

V impressed - thought it was tops.