Sea Lord signs naval pact with Brazil

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by MoD_RSS, Nov 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Page not found (Error 404)

Unfortunately the page you have requested cannot be found or does not exist on either the Ministry of Defence or The National Archives (TNA) websites

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Sooo, Brazil won't be siding with the Argies if and when they have a pop then . . .

4. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

5. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Any chance of us selling them Ark Royal c/w Harriers and a small FAA training team for ten years?

6. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

7. In 1823, Admiral Thomas Cochrane, 10th Earl of Dundonald, led the Brazilian Navy to secure the country's independence from Portugal. He was also the first to command the Chilean Navy which has preserved tradition by naming one of its recently acquired Type 23 frigates Almirante Cochrane (ex-HMS Norfolk) in his honour.

Cdre the Hon Michael Cochrane OBE RN, younger son of the fourth Baron, has continued the family tradition of serving in the Royal Navy.

8. You might be on to something there B L ^_~

9. No. Unlike the RN, they still have an operational carrier and it's CATOBAR-fitted: Navio-Aeródromo São Paulo

I never thought I'd see the RN becoming the poor relation of the world's medium-sized navies.

10. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

I think you will find that it was DMC (Defence Media) not the RN that posted it. But hay........

11. They need a kick up the derriere then.

12. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

I understand that is a prevalent Brazilian practice.

13. He's about three years too late...the French and the septics are all over the brazilians future requirements like a tramp on chips. The single biggest brazilian future requirement is of course their nuclear sub - which will speak Portuguese with a distinct French accent!

Edited to add, somewhat disrespectfully: with all the Admirals the RN insists on keeping on the payroll, they could surely have chosen a full sized one to be 1SL? Couldn't they?

Didn't he eat his greens or did they spring him from a circus?