Sea fishing

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by davyskuller, Feb 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Had a look for a thread on good locations for a spot of fishing, preferably on the north east coast of Scotland but thought it might be worth seeing everyone elses experiences, good or bad on places around blighty! Feel free to call me a cum-drinking Mllaar if it has been done already but had a quick look and found nowt!

Cheers in advance, DS.

2. There used to be good float fishing for Tope off Essex. They go like stink on light tackle

3. Wherebouts bonzo? Im not a million miles away from southend.

4. Very quiet here in Devon at the moment. Was on North Devon coast Saturday night, quite a few codling and little Ling. Picks up a lot in March and time to start back out in the boat

5. If you go out of the Blackwater estuary, we used to get a boat from Bradwell. Had some cracking days fishing from there including 36 take home Bass for just 10 rods.

6. Cheers re-stilly, tried portmahomack a few weeks back off the rocks, fookin' dangerous! A couple of breakers gave me brown trousers so moved to the harbour for more shelter but not a sniff, lost a bit of tackle too! Will go for the west coast next time I get home, probably rhue point near ullapool.

7. Sorry about the delay in replying; plough your way thru this lot Essex Fishing link

I have used very large peeler crab for them and that worked really well

8. Cheers happy, hopefully get out there this summer! Will be going to Rhue point next week when I get back home, hopefully pick up a few pollock and coalies, maybe try some prawn bait for flatties.

9. Which Rhue point is that, or should it be Rhu?

10. Seafishing, a proper activity to partake in

I torture myself trying to fly fish in the salt around Plymouth and in hampshire

11. I took the wife down to Avon Beach in Christchurch yesterday and it looks like a nice beach and with the added bonus of a decent spot of crab fishing for the kids off the marina wall, has anyone done any fishing here before/recommend rigs/bait/when to fish/everything really????

(Sorry to hijack your thread DS)

12. No dramas commz, just a thread in general, trying to gauge folks experiences of fishing around the U.K!!

13. Ive just started a thread asking for a dedicated fishing forum, I reckon we could use one!

14. Possibly sticky this as a thread for fishing in general?