SDSR - did we just pull out of Belize without formally announcing it?

Discussion in 'Strategic Defence & Spending Review (SDSR)' started by jim30, Oct 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. SDSR makes no mention of the retention of Belize as a training area - does this mean that BATSUB is about to be shut down?

2. Don't worry. A CVF will be along in 2020 to scare the Guatamalans off.

3. The owner of Raouls is going be a tad unhappy then :)

4. Aah Raouls, many happy memories............ Still got me painted coconut too!!!

5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

isnt that classed as foreign aid?

6. I don't know what's happening to the rest of it but the Flight is allegedly moving to BATUS, a decision that was taken several months ago in some Land training rationalisation.

7. bloke in hohne told me about a month ago that Belize was closing down. i also noticed that belize was omitted from SDSR or maybe its happened already but nobodys told us yet

8. isn't there a problem there as the 412's are maintained by joe civ and the canadians won't let non canadians do the work? so a sky god told me (hence duty rumour they are fort hood bound)

9. More likely an STD.

10. The 212's are owned and maintained by FBHeliservices, not by JHC or LAND, dosent sit well with canadian labour laws.

BATSUB may be mothballing or may be carrying on normal jogging, missed off the plot maybe?

There are at least 4 Coy sized exercises planned for 2011 so far, not including AT expeds.

11. I thought Belize was starting to close as more and more training was now being carried out in Kenya.

12. Kenya is CT4 level training ie BG size

See above magoo....

13. Hi
    I was out in Belize 1983 with 51fd sqn re it was a fantastic posting down in south camp Rideau near punta gorda the odd jaunt to cadenas or hunting caye or even to bobbys bar in a word priceless we did an exercise with 3 para using the rigid raiders done a mock assualt on punta gorda locals thought the world had officially ended lol.
    I remember only good stuff and i strongly hope cameron get his head out of his arse
    Tom