Scum taking advantage of a heros misfortune

Ive just read in tonights Liverpool Echo that there have been reports of bogus collectors collecting in the name of Sgt Graham Hesketh who was recently killed in Iraq. Is there no limit that some people wont stoop to these days? Whoever you are I hope you get whats coming to you.

Sorry, no link as yet, page 2 of tonights liverpool Echo though.

Mag_to_grid said:
Ive just read in tonights Liverpool Echo that there have been reports of bogus collectors collecting in the name of Sgt Graham Hesketh who was recently killed in Iraq. Is there no limit that some people wont stoop to these days? Whoever you are I hope you get whats coming to you.

Sorry, no link as yet, page 2 of tonights liverpool Echo though.
With you 100% on that mag, It's scum like that that get us law abiding scousers a bad name, lets just hope friends and family catch them and administer their own charitable donations to the wastes of oxygen :x

Lets just hope I see them when I am 'out and about'. Quite a few ex mob on my section would love to 'talk' to them........er I mean assist me to transport them to the custody suite......... :twisted: :twisted:

Taz_786 said:
It is Liverpool...
Worse than the 'pool' it was fookin Runcorn......stinky hole :p

It comes after thousands of football fans held a minute’s silence in the soldier’s memory before Everton's FA Cup tie with Blackburn Rovers yesterday.
It really is great to see such public recognition for a soldier killed in action.

I never thought i'd say this... but.... Well done Everton!

or catch something itchy down below and spread it to each other. natural selection at work heh heh :twisted:

This is bad but it rarely gets worse than this.

FORT LEWIS, Wash. (Army News Service, Sept. 26, 2006) – The Army Human Resources Command is researching a particularly callous type of fraud aimed at military family members – false casualty notification calls to families of deployed Soldiers.

One such call took place in the Fort Lewis area within the past three weeks, according to Fort Lewis public affairs spokesman Joe Piek. Investigators intend to establish how widespread the practice is.

Fort Lewis Provost Marshal Col. Katherine Miller published an advisory to warn family members of this uniquely personal type of fraud. The advisory said someone who claimed to be affiliated with the Casualty Affairs Center gave a local family a false notification that a deployed Soldier had been wounded.
http://www.emilitary.org/article.php?aid=8171

One case I heard about was some guy knocking on deployed troops doors, all dressed up in full military regalia and actually saying the family member was dead.

Callous, cruel and utterly unforgivable.

Then there was the woman who lied about it all for the glory.

CARBONDALE, Ill. -- Word that Sgt. Dan Kennings had been killed in Iraq crushed spirits in the Daily Egyptian newsroom. The stocky, buzz-cut soldier befriended by students at the university newspaper was dead, and the sergeant's little girl--a precocious, blond-haired child they'd grown to love--was now an orphan.

They all knew that Kodee Kennings' mother had died when Kodee was about 5. The little girl's fears and frustrations about her father being in harm's way had played out on the pages of the Daily Egyptian for nearly two years, in gut-wrenching letters fraught with misspellings, innocent observations and questions about why Daddy wasn't there to chase the monsters from under her bed.

It turns out Daddy didn't exist. And neither did Kodee.

The Tribune went to southern Illinois to learn about the bond between Kodee and Dan Kennings, and the life Kodee would face without her hero.

Instead, eight days of reporting revealed elaborate fabrications and intricate lies. There is no soldier named Dan Kennings. The charming girl people came to know as Kodee Kennings is someone else entirely, a child from an out-of-state family led to believe that she was playing a part in a documentary about a soldier.

Using role players who say they were duped--including an employee of a local Christian radio station--the woman at the center of the hoax spun a remarkable wartime tale so compelling it grabbed the hearts of young journalists, university faculty members and readers, leaving them blind to the possibility it could be a ruse.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0508260251aug26,1,6836162.story?coll=chi-news-hed

Devil_Dog said:
This is bad but it rarely gets worse than this.

FORT LEWIS, Wash. (Army News Service, Sept. 26, 2006) – The Army Human Resources Command is researching a particularly callous type of fraud aimed at military family members – false casualty notification calls to families of deployed Soldiers.

One such call took place in the Fort Lewis area within the past three weeks, according to Fort Lewis public affairs spokesman Joe Piek. Investigators intend to establish how widespread the practice is.

Fort Lewis Provost Marshal Col. Katherine Miller published an advisory to warn family members of this uniquely personal type of fraud. The advisory said someone who claimed to be affiliated with the Casualty Affairs Center gave a local family a false notification that a deployed Soldier had been wounded.
http://www.emilitary.org/article.php?aid=8171

One case I heard about was some guy knocking on deployed troops doors, all dressed up in full military regalia and actually saying the family member was dead.

Callous, cruel and utterly unforgivable.

Then there was the woman who lied about it all for the glory.

CARBONDALE, Ill. -- Word that Sgt. Dan Kennings had been killed in Iraq crushed spirits in the Daily Egyptian newsroom. The stocky, buzz-cut soldier befriended by students at the university newspaper was dead, and the sergeant's little girl--a precocious, blond-haired child they'd grown to love--was now an orphan.

They all knew that Kodee Kennings' mother had died when Kodee was about 5. The little girl's fears and frustrations about her father being in harm's way had played out on the pages of the Daily Egyptian for nearly two years, in gut-wrenching letters fraught with misspellings, innocent observations and questions about why Daddy wasn't there to chase the monsters from under her bed.

It turns out Daddy didn't exist. And neither did Kodee.

The Tribune went to southern Illinois to learn about the bond between Kodee and Dan Kennings, and the life Kodee would face without her hero.

Instead, eight days of reporting revealed elaborate fabrications and intricate lies. There is no soldier named Dan Kennings. The charming girl people came to know as Kodee Kennings is someone else entirely, a child from an out-of-state family led to believe that she was playing a part in a documentary about a soldier.

Using role players who say they were duped--including an employee of a local Christian radio station--the woman at the center of the hoax spun a remarkable wartime tale so compelling it grabbed the hearts of young journalists, university faculty members and readers, leaving them blind to the possibility it could be a ruse.
WTF? :evil:

I thought the scam in Liverpool was bad but those depraved soles in the US are just not right...who in their right mind dresses up in full rig to knock on someones door to tell them their family member is dead...why?

obesa_cantavit said:
I thought the scam in Liverpool was bad but those depraved soles in the US are just not right...who in their right mind dresses up in full rig to knock on someones door to tell them their family member is dead...why?
Life is too short to live under the cloud of these sub humans who suckle on the misfortune of their victims. They offer only emptiness to the good of man and bring nothing but miseryand torment. One day such actions will bring about a clear and precise death penalty. Decent humans beings that want only to exist side by side with their neighbour in Utopia will be allowed to do so in the knowledge that the law protects the innocent. How long will we have to wait? I don't know but each day is one day less and it will be worth waiting for. Some may choose to call it anarchy, maybe those who fear it. I call it freedom.

Not quite the same issue but I have just received the following e-mail this morning. Obviously it is one of the usual scams out of Nigeria or somewhere similar. What really p1ssed me off with this one is that they are pretending to be an active duty soldier serving his country in Iraq and use links to the US army site to "authenticate " their scam. I am trying to close down their e-Mail accounts.

Seems there are few limits to how low some will stoop.

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is John J. Guy I am an American soldier, I am serving in the
military of the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regimient,Patrols Tal Afar, in
Iraq. I
am presently in Kuwait for the mean time. I apologized using this
medium to
reach you for a transaction/business of this magnitude.
Please view this link to see my picture:
http://www4.army.mil/armyimages/armyimage.php?photo=9169 and
http://www4.army.mil/armyimages/armyimage.php?photo=7990.

We have in our possession the sum of US$25,000,000.00 (Twenty Five
Million
US Dollars), which belongs to Saddam Hussein. These funds have been
moved
and kept safe in a Security Company, please view this link for more
details:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm

Basically since we are working for the American Government, we cannot
keep
these funds, but we want to transfer and move the funds to you, so that
you
can keep it for us in your safe account or an offshore account.

I have the authority of my partners involved to propose that should you
be
willing to assist us in this transaction, your share of the sum will be
30%
of the US$25 million, 60% for us and 10% will be kept aside for
expenses and
rest assure that this business is 100% safe on your part provided you
treat
it with utmost secrecy and confidentiality.

Therefore, if you are interested, please reply immediately via my
private
email address: sgt.johnguy1@sunumail.sn or sgt.johngprivate@hotmail.com
with your Full Name, Current Mailing Address and your confidential
Telephone
and Fax numbers for easy communication. Upon your response, I shall
then
provide you
with more details that will help you understand the transaction.

Please observe utmost confidentiality, and be rest assured that this
business is risk free.

Respectfully submitted
Sgt. John J. Guy

Unforunately there are good but naive souls who will fall for these scams. They are a bit like the junk mail you get every second day telling you you've won £300k. They get binned. But this is more direct and personal which opens the scum to be traced if need be. :x