Discussion in 'Infantry' started by RP578, Mar 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Posted this initially on the TA bit and got no joy, so wonder if anyone here knows:

Is this just a newer, shinier version of the old SCBC, or an entirely different course?

While I'm here, does anyone have the dates for this?
  2. Hi,
    Having been a PSI who planned and conducted the training for a PTC, I'll try to explain. As you know the PTC incorporates SCTC, PSTC and PCTC, this is 2 weeks long. This course is obviously for TA soldiers only and is therefore not a great deal like SCBC, PSBC or PCBC as there is only time to concetrate on the major aspects of each of the phases of war.

You will be in a Section with LCpl's, Cpl's and Officers depending on which job they are hoping to qualify for. Your PSI will have all relevant dates and pre course training objectives, such as TA CFT, WHT's etc.

There is Definately a course in Sept and I think the other one is in Jan. I cannot stress the importance of pre-course training, my old unit used to do it and when I used to visit Brecon the instructors commented on how well the lads performed compared to those who did no pre training.

I hope this helps, please feel free to PM me for any more details and if I don't know I still have links with my old unit and they will be able to help.

Good luck and don't forget, Bags of smoke, keep low and move fast!!! :salut: