Scrounging For Money (for a good cause!)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Macks, Jan 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fellows,
    Have noticed that Chickenpunk has beaten me to it, but I thought I'd still try to raise some dosh from the kind, generous, noble users of ARRSE. :)
    I'll be running the London Marathon come April for the ABF, and would hugely appreciate any support.

http://www.justgiving.com/hollas

Cheers guys!
    Regards,
    Macks

2. RTFQ

RTFQ RIP

Dosh on the way. You could have put a picture of yerself on there so we could take the p1ss out of how fat/ugly/gay you look.

Jeez, play the game :wink:

3. Donation made: beer after the run?

4. Beer? Sounds good! Who's buying? :D
    Oh yes, will get a picture up ASAP! May even be by tonight if you're (un)lucky! :)

5. Could you wear a gimp mask for me..... 8O .....oh and those leather chaps with no arrse on them :wink:

6. RTFQ

RTFQ RIP

Beer, jeez Chickenpunk, the'll be too busy bagging you and trying to work the defibrillator to give you beer. Maybe Macks can pour some guinness into your IV line perhaps.

7. I was talking to my brother last night (a doctor) and he say's he'll fit my gut with castors so I'll just be able to belly-surf round.

Certainly saves doing all that training. :D

8. Hang on... It says you're not allowed to use vehicles. I think you'd certify as HGV with those on. :lol:

9. I did the Banja Luka 1/2 marathon a while back and group of ANZAC's that was with us did the whole thing running on a treadmill on the back of a LandRover :D :D

10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

After a marathon? You'll be comparing how much pain your in! Especially you CP, youre hardly a racing snake! Good Luck in April, the pain is beyond compare! (Especially the next day!)

11. The only marathon you've run Venty was that time you had to catch up with the buttie wagon to get a bacon sarnie :roll:

12. Errr, this will be my third time round the London Marathon in five years and my sixth marathon in total. The pain generally hits the day after.

13. Yes, if someone in a Womble or Rhino suit is shaping up to pass you, trip them over. :D

14. RTFQ

RTFQ RIP

The best way to get the most out of the whole marathon experience is to balance carefully the athletic requirements and the needs of charity. The secret to achieving this is thorough preparation and publicity.

My top tip is to get completely tequila-ed up beforehand and run the race absolutely naked except for a Children In Need Tshirt. You won't feel a thing during the race and the public outcry will give you the required exposure. You may even end up on next years celebrity big brother and can give the winnings to charity.

Everyone's happy