Screencapture software

No because it's a Windows app and having checked there is no version for Linux. Why, is it good or are you having problems?.

I'd have thought that was something you'd do after capturing the area of screen, Gimp is a powerful graphics program for stuff like that but has a pretty steep learning curve. Has to be the best graphics tool out there that costs nothing. Google it and have a look.

I use the 'snipping tool' in Win7. Any other version i just hit the 'Print Screen' button, & paste it into Paint then save as a jpeg.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Just a quick question, does anyone use ScreenHunter 6.0 Free from Wisdom-soft? Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

B
I do this sort of thing for a living unfortunately. Were I trying to do annotated screen shots from free software, I could do this sort of thing:

Bakerlite-1.jpg

1) I used the ALT + Print Screen (PRT SCR) keys to screen grab the screen.

2) I pasted the screen grab into Microsoft Paint and used the Crop tool to cut down to the image I wanted.

3) I got a copy of Open Office (free) and imported the image into the Draw package.

4) I added the arrows and text I wanted in Draw

5) I did another screen grab and pasted the annotated image from Draw into Paint for a final cropping to size.

It'll give you fairly basic quality annotated images.

Wordsmith