Screech

#1
Just read about this strange, strange substance in eight lives down... anyone care to enlighten me as to what it is/what it tastes like/where to "obtain" some from for sampling purposes?
 
#2
[Wah/on]

Flavoured powder for drinking
Sh1t
24hr ORP stockists

[Wah/off]

Screech - Killing Soldiers taste buds since 1974 (Ish)
 
#3
ub3rb0wl said:
Just read about this strange, strange substance in eight lives down... anyone care to enlighten me as to what it is/what it tastes like/where to "obtain" some from for sampling purposes?
no-one else wants to say it first????
 
#5
ub3rb0wl said:
Just read about this strange, strange substance in eight lives down... anyone care to enlighten me as to what it is/what it tastes like/where to "obtain" some from for sampling purposes?
Use it quite regulary during the cricket season for drinks breaks. Orange always goes down well but the lemon needs to be boosted a bit.

hh
 
#8
That is spooky...


And TY for the link Bovvy
 
#12
jarrod248 said:
hairyhandbag said:
jarrod248 said:
bovvy said:
A minute's a long time on Arrse.
Well depends if you have premature ejaculation - thankfully I never have.
Whats ejaculation :?
When it happens again I'll let you know.
Thank you, the wife is curious as well now but at least the kids Dimitry and Lin Pau are asleep :D

hh
 
#13
And if you are ever in Canada, don't be taken in when someone offers you some screech. It's rocket fuel moonshine rum made by our brethren on the Rock (Newfoundland) to give to tourists...
 
#14
CQMS said:
Cold orange drink, tastes vary due to quantity of toms to packets of powder.
as an ex cabbage mechanic we also used this in powder form to clean anything hot.

Hot item (saucepan / stove top) pour screech powder onto it - let it bubble for a minute, pour water on very fast to remove residue. one piece of gleaming clean kit.

best piece of oven cleaning kit ever

if we used it clean those after 2 weeks in the field hate to think what it did to your insides.
 
#15
I also remember there being a lemon flavoured variety, or was that just the cooks piss in the screech machine/Norgy..... Barstewards
 
#17
I know there's a word for 'words that sound like the thing they're describing' - onomatopoeia. Is there a word for 'names that sound like the taste of the thing they're describing'?

Screech is a classic example, it tastes the way nails on a blackboard sound.
 
#19
smartascarrots said:
I know there's a word for 'words that sound like the thing they're describing' - onomatopoeia. Is there a word for 'names that sound like the taste of the thing they're describing'?

Screech is a classic example, it tastes the way nails on a blackboard sound.
How about synesthiesia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

Everyone who has ever had a drink of screech can taste it as soon as the word is spoken.

Same as if I say Hexy - you can see and smell the hexy telly.

We all have synesthiesia..
 
#20
niner_domestic said:
And if you are ever in Canada, don't be taken in when someone offers you some screech. It's rocket fuel moonshine rum made by our brethren on the Rock (Newfoundland) to give to tourists...
Back in the dark ages, when flying to BATUS involved an hour+ on the deck in Gander International(Gateway to the Stars) I actually tried some Screech from a bottle behind the bar.
I put it in the same category as, the now quite hard to find, Mosel Whiskey(don't ask) and some of the lesser poteens of the Province.

I always felt that one needs to be aware of this sort of thing, "just in case."
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bravo_Bravo Health and Fitness 4
B Weapons, Equipment & Rations 4
C The NAAFI Bar 40

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads