Screech

Is there a civvy supplier, as I'm not currently "in the loop". :(

You do know that screech is listed as a form of torture akin to waterboarding right?

Chally

Pervert that I am, I actually like it......

afcass said:
You will grow out of that.

afcass said:
assuming that I understand the term screech correctly (it's the lemon and/or orange water flavoring crystals that are/where found in ration packs, right?)
then I'm with him on this one, it's lovely stuff, although a pain in the backside to mix properly.

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
Civvie equivalent = Tang, available from Tescos or random chinky supermarkets.

BBear said:
Are you sure about that, BB? We're talking about "screech", right?

MsG

Gren said:
BBear said:

Civi equivalent "ginger womens pi55"
Now you are just being kinky Gren!

Although that idea does have some merits!

I had Tang once and it wasn't that dissimilar to Screech, as long as you made it strong enough.

Nothing is available on the open market as Screech does not constitute a food substance.

You have to make your own with the following ingredients

+

and a pinch of

What ratio exactly? I like it a bit "tart".

Dingerr, you don't know how close to the truth you are. When I was posted in Germany, we used to use Screech to scour the kitchen floors, it used to bring up the tiles a treat, so fcuk knows what it used to do to your stomach :?

We used to make some up in a 58 mug then leave the manky working parts of the SLR in it to soak, and they cleaned up a treat.
Of course when we tried it with the SA80 it melted 8O

Being from the other side of the pond I assumed that you were talking about "Newfoundland Screech". A sort of rum beloved of the people of Newfoundland and Labrador. High proof, it is useful for stripping paint off furniture, thinning varnish, degreasing machinery and could probably be used for an improvised fuel-air explosive. I consider it undrinkable but those hardy people in Newfoundland and Labrador drink it. It could be the climate. In Labrador Summer is from a week before Canada Day (July 1) untiil a week after Canada Day. The rest is Winter.

DavidBOC said:
Being from the other side of the pond I assumed that you were talking about "Newfoundland Screech". A sort of rum beloved of the people of Newfoundland and Labrador. High proof, it is useful for stripping paint off furniture, thinning varnish, degreasing machinery and could probably be used for an improvised fuel-air explosive. I consider it undrinkable but those hardy people in Newfoundland and Labrador drink it. It could be the climate. In Labrador Summer is from a week before Canada Day (July 1) untiil a week after Canada Day. The rest is Winter.
Sounds like your hockey season.

I have a soft spot for screech, I can tolerate the taste and it gives you an unbelievable boost of energy. Think I'm going to have to scour Tesco for this "Tang" stuff...

DavidBOC said:
Nope - we are discussing the lemonade powder that came up with the rations :oops: Incidentally the lemonade powder was not subject to the Trades Descrition Act so the resulting mix of powder and water wasn't anywhere near lemonade. :(

Dingerrs options above have a certain je ne sais quoi about them and I think with some powdered aluminium (and not aluminum which would not be the same) then a passable substitute would result.

I particularly like the orange flavour. Mmm-mmm!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cretin The NAAFI Bar 77
C The NAAFI Bar 65
ub3rb0wl The NAAFI Bar 25