Scrap rules

I once " acquired " a entire skip full of out of date 10 man Arctic rations ,that were on route from the stores to landfill, it kept us in slightly funny tasting Rolos , rolled oats and biscuits with dead flies for many a year.

Never worked out what to do with the 5000 can openers though.
You missed out on a shed load of beer tokens. :eek:

Because I’ve been in the Army long enough to know that you don’t ask for something a little bit complicated without knowing the rules, what the answer is and how to get there. If you don’t have that information some lazy bastard will pull a policy number out of there ass and mug you off. JSP440 generally gets thrown at me which is good because I know my way around it.
Why would JSP440 have anything to do with you stealing MOD property?

Righto, I need to work out the provenance of said materiel.
Irrelevant - you simply need to stop trying to find ways to defraud MOD.

The existence of this thread will seal your fate at CM...

Irrelevant - you simply need to stop trying to find ways to defraud MOD.

The existence of this thread will seal your fate at CM...
Could also be a plank of a "conspiracy to defraud..." case. Particularly if others are involved. No need to steal anything to be CM'd for conspiracy. Just plan the theft/fraud with others, leave evidence as to that planning and "Yes, Staff, no excuse Staff" is very much on the horizon.

Tread v carefully in a backwards direction and forget all about it. Seriously.

Its quibbling like this that ended a nice little earner for RFA's coming back from far away places with space to rent.
Well you see just like some example of repatriated weapons etc. It’s one of the reasons I was always a bit sceptical of the distinctions made in the handling of returning being done in house as it were. Having been in and having dealt wit C3 baggage, it’s a cosy little arrangement with occasional unfortunate consequences. That’s not a pop at snowdrops monkeys or regulators, it’s a matter of loyalties.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
“Pekin (sic) is now virtually ours, one of the gates having been surrendered to us several days ago, on the day on which we were to have opened fire…The French got lots of valuable loot in the way of watches, clocks fur coats, silks etc. The General sent out for all the carts he could find, brought in as much as they could carry, and all the things were sold by auction for prize money for the force actually present on the 16th, and a considerable amount was realised as the things went at fabulous prices … I expect to get about five and forty pounds for my share.”

Defence Logistics Framework (DLF) - Disposal of Materiel - Policy Statement.

Para 1 - Units are to declare materiel identified as “Dispose Locally” to the Defence Equipment Sales Authority (DESA).

Para 16 (c) 2 (b) - Scrap Skip. Where this is provided under the Scrap Metal Contract, it is to be used for the disposal of Ferrous, Non Ferrous and Mixed metals. Lead Acid Batteries can also be disposed of under the DESA’s scrap metal disposal contract, but must be stored and declared separately as they are classed as hazardous waste

There is more, but that should answer the immediate question.

Defence Logistics Framework (DLF) - Disposal of Materiel - Policy Statement.

Para 1 - Units are to declare materiel identified as “Dispose Locally” to the Defence Equipment Sales Authority (DESA).

Para 16 (c) 2 (b) - Scrap Skip. Where this is provided under the Scrap Metal Contract, it is to be used for the disposal of Ferrous, Non Ferrous and Mixed metals. Lead Acid Batteries can also be disposed of under the DESA’s scrap metal disposal contract, but must be stored and declared separately as they are classed as hazardous waste

There is more, but that should answer the immediate question.
Rules are for fools...

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Rules are for fools...
Only if you don't get caught, when you do, the offence is getting caught in officialese
“Pekin (sic) is now virtually ours, one of the gates having been surrendered to us several days ago, on the day on which we were to have opened fire…The French got lots of valuable loot in the way of watches, clocks fur coats, silks etc. The General sent out for all the carts he could find, brought in as much as they could carry, and all the things were sold by auction for prize money for the force actually present on the 16th, and a considerable amount was realised as the things went at fabulous prices … I expect to get about five and forty pounds for my share.”

It's a funny thing you know, but Customs used to get Seizure awards in the same way as RN got prize money as that boosted incomes for the staff. Suddenly, lately, they got all self righteous about incentivising staff to do their jobs, but they never bothered too much about the salary. An RN riding officer-early customs- got £50 a year for himself and the upkeep of his horse for almost 200 years, but anything seized got him and his horse an award from the proceeds of sale. The balance going to the treasury. The most dangerous job in the country for that period was the Riding officer and that where the thin blue line came into being. Customs cutters tended to be ex Navy prizes.

The OP isn't interested in looting - he wants to steal from his own organisation ;-)

I find the best way of 'rule efficiency' (similar to 'tax efficiency') is an intricate knowledge, or the very least more than everyone else present ^~
Being a Scouser you should be a expert on procuring items that belong to other people.

You need to leave the turps alone.
Yeah right - says the guy who’s asking in public if you can flog MOD property for personal purposes!

When did I ask any of that FFS. I’ve asked what policies govern funds raised. As for personal purposes you made that up you inebriated clown.
Hilarious - crack on with the ad homs, they really add to your credibility.

Latest Threads