Scrap metal collectors

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by SausageDog, Jun 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know about you lot, but the number of scruffy, pikey types driving round two or three up in Transit flat bed pickups seems to be on the increase.

A few years ago you'd never see one, or it'd be a rarity.

Today alone, I have seen no less than 3 separate metal magpies cruising up my road, with their annoying tannoy systems crooning out "any old iron".

The worst thing is, the thieving pikey bastards will help themselves to anything in sight. If your kids bicycles are on the front lawn, they'll have 'em. Car not been washed for a few weeks, they'll try to tow it away.

On the occasions I've conversed with these people, they seem rather ignorant, and a bit smelly.

So what horror stories have you guys got with dealings with these urban vermin?

2. None at all I'm afraid.

Last year my fridge freezer conked out and I got a second hand one until I could get the new one I wanted.
    The second one conked out within a week and I was left with two knackered fridge freezers in the back garden.
    The council (God bless the bastards) said they would take away one for free in about two weeks and they would remove the other one for a fee.

A pikey wagon was parked in the street and I asked the driver if he was interested, he took both fridges straight away and my problem was solved.

There are probably lots of them about due to metal prices going through the roof again.

• Like Like x 1

3. I suppose your experience was a good one, but I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't be licensed to dispose of the refrigerant gas unit in the fridges compressor. Probably ended up in the local brook!

Not that that's your problem! :)

4. Round our way the ba5turds wont touch fridges and freezers, took everything else though including the new rads in the backyard under a tarp. £25 disposal fee for fridges even if you take them to the tip.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

we get two with different pikey calls several times a week and occasionally both in the same day, a couple of years back I lost a load of good batteries to one of them I reckon which was more annoying because I had a load of bad batteries they could have had. it amazes me where they get all the bikes and washing machines from

they need to crack down on it and councils need to get in on the act to stop them so it can reduce the metal thefts. playground railings seen to be a current favourite. mind you our council no longer takes aluminium foils and trays only drinks cans.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Just fly tip in the countryside.keep the cunts of the street.sorted.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pikeys have got nothing on local councils who, in many places now search through your rubbish to collate personal information! True dit! As for the pikeys they are doing what they have always done.

8. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

the council is supposed to degas your old ones for free then they can be chucked at will, the limitation to disposal is the insulation if it is cfc based. the pikeys probably get their grubby off spring to strip em to the sheet metal.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The prejudice is strong in this one,

• Like Like x 1
  10. Aye,and then when you go to the tip it's like a fucking date with the Gestapo.

• Like Like x 1
  11. It's the same near me, 2 or 3 different van loads of them cutting about.
    Disturbingly, one of them knocked the door recently to ask if he could have the old car battery I had behind my shed.....fucking smelly cunt had obviously been sneaking around in the garden...still let him have the battery though, saves me a trip to the local brook at dark o'clock.
    One of the vans is a father and son team I think, the kid who drives the van must be 11 or 12 if he's a day, and the police won't bother with them as it just a waste of time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just blame the Chinese and the Indians for being so willing to pay so much for our scrap metal eh. Sooo much cheaper than processing it and smelting it on their own - god we're dumb....

13. Aye,well maybes there'll be plenty scope for new landfill,when those cunts from the energy companies start fucking fracking.The cunts.

14. Last time I drove to the tip the council were there and took everyones address.
    They said it was for a survey to see what area all the people were from.
    I wasn't happy with that.

15. Maybes they were pikey infiltrators.

• Like Like x 1