Scout for sale

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Retd_crab, Mar 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How will I fit in the tent next to that?

2. Go away you sock puppet turd

3. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Bargain!!!

4. If only I could. That has to be my favouritest helicopter.

Memories of telling the Colonel to get in the back, 'cos the front seat is mine. Oh, the heady days of being a corporal.

What does it mean by "Hover ceiling: 12,500 ft (3,800 m) (in ground effect)"? Can't be much ground effect at 12500 ft. Unless the ground is at 12480 ft.

5. Oh dear this could go horibbly wrong

6. Why? I mean, if soldiers can drive them, they can't be that complicated.

7. Nah, that was the one without a bv in the back, offer her 20k.

8. Presactly. Puttees, you should have sold your hole to get on the APC - you'd have breezed it.

G-SCTA used to be known as XV126. Described in the ad as 'used'. Not arf.

9. Porridge_gun

We should get a team of twelve of us, lob in a couple of grand and treat ourselves to it.

I can't begin to imagine the running costs but am sure we could find a couple of nostalgia p1ssed bats and a container full of left overs somewhere.

10. Can you just imagine the squabbling? "It's my turn to drive, I pushed/pulled/polished last weekend, gimmi, gimmi, gimmi!"

Stuff trying to get the Permit renewed. Lets just park it up by the edge of a wood, next to a couple of RL, and get pissed. Just like we used to do.

11. Porridge_gun

I never worked with Scouts, we played with one or two at Netheravon in 89 but thats it.

The Most impressive flight in a scout I saw was Bob G.....k on his final day in the Army after 93 years service.

I was working in the Ops room at Dishforth when a very very Irate Regtl 2i/c called and said

REGT'L 2i/c "Corporal Lee....... Who in the name of Jesus fcking Christ was flying that Scout that practically hit the flagpole at RHQ"

Moi "Sir, that was W02 G....k. booked out into the LFAs for an hour

REGT'L 2i/c "..........(silent pause rant stops and gently says)....... can you try and get him back, we poured him out of the mess half an hour ago

Moi "Army Air 636, Dishforth Ops, can you return on request of Sunray Minor"

WO2 G " Git ti fcuk, I'll bring it back when its empty........ ooot"

He returned to a world of sh1t an hour later with an enormous sh1t eating 'I've just been wazzing a scout for the last time' grin on his chops, a hugely irate Regt'l 2 i/c and an amused but relieved they were both safe RQHI Sean B.....r

He was utterly slaughtered but flew the scout like he was born in it.

12. Absolute star. Long-lost days when the Corps had characters.

13. I had one once but it died

Attached Files:

14. Does it come with the starting mallet? Just one of the Scout's many little foibles that I remember... :) :nod:

I'd still like one though :excited: - wonder how much time there's left on the airframe and engine and how much, per minute, are the flying costs? :?