Scousers - can they sink any lower?

Chef

LE
Well, they play Liverpool and tour cancelled.

Hardly Liverpool's fault. I read somewhere that Sir Michael Phillip Jagger's last remaining goal was to gross more on a Stones Tour than U2. So I suspect the reason it's been 50 years since they last played it is not enough money in it.

The study was about Northern accents, but obviously Scousers see it about themselves

This will come as no surprise to the people of Liverpool who have long battled against bigoted and ill-informed stereotypes from people all over the country.

Even though the study at Northumbria University focuses on perceptions around those from the north of England, other research points to these prejudices being magnified when it comes to people's view of Liverpool.

A study by YouGov once saw the Scouse accent ranked as one of the least attractive accents in the British Isles. In fact, if we are to count Birmingham as located in the midlands, the Liverpudlian accent was viewed as the most unattractive in the north and placed second across the who country for accents most disliked or frowned upon.

The study was about Northern accents, but obviously Scousers see it about themselves

This will come as no surprise to the people of Liverpool who have long battled against bigoted and ill-informed stereotypes from people all over the country.

Even though the study at Northumbria University focuses on perceptions around those from the north of England, other research points to these prejudices being magnified when it comes to people's view of Liverpool.

A study by YouGov once saw the Scouse accent ranked as one of the least attractive accents in the British Isles. In fact, if we are to count Birmingham as located in the midlands, the Liverpudlian accent was viewed as the most unattractive in the north and placed second across the who country for accents most disliked or frowned upon.

As both aforementioned studies show, there is a very real and continuing prejudice against people with Scouse accents and we would like to hear from our readers and find out whether you have suffered because of this?

Have you lost a school or university place, been turned down for a job opportunity, missed a chance at love or friendship - all because of your Scouse accent?

Can't wait to see all the readers piling in with stories of being victims as always.

"Just because I steal daily to fund my smack habit, the police only arrest me because of my accent"

No,never.

type42

War Hero
Whilst watching the TV Film "Tumbledown" 1988 starring Colin Firth I noticed a young Liza Tarbuck, barely contained in a nurses uniform in a supporting role. Now, given the misery her Liverpudlian family has inflicted upon the general public over the years, would not a decent person at least have got them out on occasion as some recompense? Further evidence of the mean-spirited and selfish character of the typical Scouse.

OIP (2).jpg

Whilst watching the TV Film "Tumbledown" 1988 starring Colin Firth I noticed a young Liza Tarbuck, barely contained in a nurses uniform in a supporting role. Now, given the misery her Liverpudlian family has inflicted upon the general public over the years, would not a decent person at least have got them out on occasion as some recompense? Further evidence of the mean-spirited and selfish character of the typical Scouse.

View attachment 671193
A peanut smuggler as well.

View attachment 671193
Excellent value on Taskmaster though. Quite bonkers.

Got a drive down to Liverpool tomorrow to pick some kit up thats needed up here be interesting to see where I need to go and see how much I can remember of the place as 20yrs since it was my patch for work.

Well went down to Liverpool yesterday into L3 then back out via Edge Lane sad to see the place been nearly 20yrs since I drove all over it, in one way nice to see the areas been regeneration but they all just look like soulless boxes and have lost the character of the older homes. Shame the old Marconi facotry has been left to rot, Used to go there 20yrs ago to drop off kit for repair

Well went down to Liverpool yesterday into L3 then back out via Edge Lane sad to see the place been nearly 20yrs since I drove all over it, in one way nice to see the areas been regeneration but they all just look like soulless boxes and have lost the character of the older homes. Shame the old Marconi facotry has been left to rot, Used to go there 20yrs ago to drop off kit for repair
They're trying to get funding to revitalise the place as 'Media Village'

Same up in Glasgow, always this will be a creative space/artist studio pish, Done it to Paddies market and now pushing it into the Barras seem to think everyone is pretentious prick that wants to lob a brush and paint about

Nah if was still there early 200s as I used to take kit there to be repaired.

The Littlewoods building is gone as well as came down the A59 and noticed it was all away

Nah if was still there early 200s as I used to take kit there to be repaired.

The Littlewoods building is gone as well as came down the A59 and noticed it was all away
The Littlewoods building is nowhere near A59, probably why you can't see it. It is still in its usual place.

The Littlewoods building is nowhere near A59, probably why you can't see it. It is still in its usual place.

Think he is confused with Vernons pools (became the paradox night club for a while I think) on Ormskirk Road (A59), it was nex5 to the old bus depot?