• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Scousers - can they sink any lower?

Back in the 80s an assessment was conducted of 100 Cities in Europe based upon public morale, cleanliness progressive improvement and so on. UK had 1 in the top 10 which was Norwich however also had 3 on the bottom 10. The absolute bottom of the heap in society's dregs was : You've guessed it,

Liverpool

As do you if anyone so much as makes a crack at Liverpool. You bite like a spastic piranha having a fit @CAARPS is the same.
I am a regular in Liverpool, in-laws in the swan. They can take a joke about stereo typical "Scouser" behavior.
Brother in law always leaves with "Gotta go sign on" occasionally he slips spoons up his sleeve and makes a show of accidentally dropping them. ( he thinks he's hilarious, but he's 71 and a bit doddery so allowances are made)
He'll gets his digs in about wools and inbreeding and do you know what? I laugh it off and we joke together.
Same with the scousers at work, plenty of banter goes back and forth.
But there's a couple of you on here seem humorless and frankly its sad. There isn't one corner of this country from lands end to John O'Groats where we don't rip the piss out of the neighboring tribe.
Yes its the same old jokes and tropes so what? If you ignore it trails off, but no you bite and they bait more and round and round it goes.
Don't ******* tell them, there aren't a lot of bitey threads on ARRSE at the moment. Let the scousers make an exhibition of themselves, it something they excel at.

Is it racist to say that I'm not a fan of scousers.....
There have been a few occasions when the thieving, fat scrounging, dole claiming, grief whoring, whining, sub humans have attempted to claim discrimination due to being scousers.

And I take a piranha sized bite?

My post was quite even handed and reasoned yet you take it as a bite?
Did I call you a stupid cünt? Was I abusive or employ any of my usual invective?
No but you chose to see it as a bite. Says a bit about the victim mentality a lot attribute to scousers that any criticism no matter how worded or reasoned is taken as an attack.
Especially online, a city famed for a sense of humour seem to produce humourless "every body hates us victims" behind a screen. As stated I like Liverpool, but like elsewhere it has a shìte element, and the last few years that element seems to be getting more and more vocal to the ridiculous extent of the clowns outside Alder Hey.
As stated further up the thread I was in the Swan Yesterday for a meal. Thanks to these bellends we went down the Lancs to Townsend ave and dropped on to Queens drive as the wife seemed to think I would have caused a scene if we went up preccy road and got stopped.

I await your tired as the scouser tropes accusation of a "bite" rather than seeing it for a reasoned response.

Well you lot have made the news here again. Not letting the kid fly to Italy, is an asshole move. If the Italians want to treat him, why not?

His parents might not be the best of people, but they should be allowed to make these choices for their child. As much as it pains me to say this, I side with them.
Why? They cannot treat his condition, all they can do is offer pallative care. He will not improve.

Why? They cannot treat his condition, all they can do is offer pallative care. He will not improve.
In fairness, the poor little ****** wont be in Liverpool anymore so that should dramatically improve his life.

Because it should be the parents who make this decision, not the government. I agree the kid is beyond the aid of anything short of a miracle. But he is still their child.
Doctors know better than the parents, it is not the government stopping them. It is the law ruling on the arguments between mommy knows best and some very knowledgeable doctors who have thoroughly explained the situation to the judge.

As do you if anyone so much as makes a crack at Liverpool. You bite like a spastic piranha having a fit @CAARPS is the same.
I am a regular in Liverpool, in-laws in the swan. They can take a joke about stereo typical "Scouser" behavior.
Brother in law always leaves with "Gotta go sign on" occasionally he slips spoons up his sleeve and makes a show of accidentally dropping them. ( he thinks he's hilarious, but he's 71 and a bit doddery so allowances are made)
He'll gets his digs in about wools and inbreeding and do you know what? I laugh it off and we joke together.
Same with the scousers at work, plenty of banter goes back and forth.
But there's a couple of you on here seem humorless and frankly its sad. There isn't one corner of this country from lands end to John O'Groats where we don't rip the piss out of the neighboring tribe.
Yes its the same old jokes and tropes so what? If you ignore it trails off, but no you bite and they bait more and round and round it goes.
You need to learn what a bite is? I take pleasure in the wools constantly talking about us superior people, it keeps them off the streets ^~

Doctors know better than the parents, it is not the government stopping them. It is the law ruling on the arguments between mommy knows best and some very knowledgeable doctors who have thoroughly explained the situation to the judge.
That does not matter, he is their child not the docs. I think he was even offered treatment Stateside. If the Italians want to treat him why not?

Besides your docs said he would pass within 15 minutes of removing his life support, that clearly did not happen.

The best thing for little Alfie would be for Vlad to pin a bottle of instant sunshine (SS20. sunshine for the use of) so it end's quickly and he's honoured for being the catalyst that cleansed the North West.

Because it should be the parents who make this decision, not the government. I agree the kid is beyond the aid of anything short of a miracle. But he is still their child.
He's their child, not their property. You're making it sound almost like some minister or other is calling the shots based on a political doctrine. I hope you haven't fallen for that "death panels"-type rubbish that some Americans were spouting in relation to the Charlie Gard case. (As with that dispute, whether the patient's health insurance or hospital staff & facilities are provided by the govt is beside the point.)

The doctors' responsibility is to their patient, not the patient's parents. The parents & the doctors disagree on what should be done for the patient. How can the disagreement be resolved? By taking it to the courts. In this particular case the courts - whose intention is to serve the best interests of the patient - have come to the entirely sensible decision that the doctors know what they're talking about & the parents are engaged in wishful thinking.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Well you lot have made the news here again. Not letting the kid fly to Italy, is an asshole move. If the Italians want to treat him, why not?

His parents might not be the best of people, but they should be allowed to make these choices for their child. As much as it pains me to say this, I side with them.
Sanctimonious about one kid that will never have a future, yet blasé about them getting brassed up as long you can play with guns, interesting moral stance that.

He's their child, not their property. You're making it sound almost like some minister or other is calling the shots based on a political doctrine. I hope you haven't fallen for that "death panels"-type rubbish that some Americans were spouting in relation to the Charlie Gard case. (As with that dispute, whether the patient's health insurance or hospital staff & facilities are provided by the govt is beside the point.)

The doctors' responsibility is to their patient, not the patient's parents. The parents & the doctors disagree on what should be done for the patient. How can the disagreement be resolved? By taking it to the courts. In this particular case the courts - whose intention is to serve the best interests of the patient - have come to the entirely sensible decision that the doctors know what they're talking about & the parents are engaged in wishful thinking.
Reported for wilfully making sense.

Sanctimonious about one kid that will never have a future, yet blasé about them getting brassed up as long you can play with guns, interesting moral stance that.
Oh I think this is just a case of the government trying to save face.

Excuse me while I try to remember not giving a shit about school children being shot up here. I can’t so perhaps you could stop injecting your personal feelings into this one.