Scousers - can they sink any lower?

Could have looked like this;

View attachment 583736
Rick Edmondson's Unfinished Buildings

The crypt for the building was completed, would have rivalled St. Peter’s in Rome.
A few years back - about 12 actually I just realised, ahem - they had the architects model for that in the Walker Art Gallery, plus some other artists impressions (I haven’t seen that one before).

I have never uttered ‘holy ****’ in an art gallery before but thing made me.

Couple of other points - that area of St Georges Hall, the art gallery, museum, etc are stunning - might have mentioned St Georges hall before but it is still utterly amazing. They have been used in tons of films as a result.

There are also some pretty amazing works in the Walker - at the time they had the model on show there were two other exhibitions. One a display of the works of W Heath Robinson. The other a display of works (artistic and otherwise) produced by German Jews who were interred at a POW camp in Huyton (which was next to where I then lived). The latter very amazing and rather moving.

Oh and they (normally) host a beer festival each year in the Crypt - supposed to be very good and sells out on the day the tickets go on sale. Maybe one day...

Some say Huyton has gone downhill since then.

A few years back - about 12 actually I just realised, ahem - they had the architects model for that in the Walker Art Gallery, plus some other artists impressions (I haven’t seen that one before).

This;
Capture.PNG

I find light in Metropolitan, well, really good, always reminds me of Space Ship landing .2017-10-17 003 (1).jpg
2017-10-17 003 (1).jpg
2017-10-17 003 (1).jpg

This Catholic Cathedral scousers getting excited about?

Tell me about the people they are trying to attract.

The three people on the left bunting - the creepy paedo at the rear, the black guy, and the white guy in bowtie and backwards baseball cap (who may be part oriental)

I pass this most days on way to work, and it should be razed to the ground.

IMG_20210624_105147879_HDR.jpg

On closer inspection of the design and its execution, the words 'cheapest bidder' come to mind.

This Catholic Cathedral scousers getting excited about?
Tell me about the people they are trying to attract.

The three people on the left bunting - the creepy paedo at the rear, the black guy, and the white guy in bowtie and backwards baseball cap (who may be part oriental)

I pass this most days on way to work, and it should be razed to the ground.

View attachment 583933
Thank you for your tolerance, have you ever thought of taking up the cloth?

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Being a left footer I've been inside the wigwam many times.

It's a wonderful place and the light changes by the minute through the stained glass windows.

Some of the best of "modern" architecture given that it was opened IIRC in 1966.

slick

LE
In Liverpool, but to be fair it could have happened in any similar shithole in England these days.... LINK
A speeding driver who killed two cyclists after colliding head on into them in a stolen car while under the influence of cannabis has been jailed today for 11 years.

Colin Smith, 23, was driving at approximately 70mph on a 40mph road in Speke, Liverpool, when he hit two cyclists and two cars, Liverpool Crown Court heard.

Clare Killey, 45, a mother-of-two from Childwall, died at the scene of the crash on February 28, 2019, and Anthony Cope, 39, a father-of-two from Halewood, died 18 days later in hospital.

Katy Nicholson, a passenger in a car, suffered a broken collarbone and lifelong damage to her mobility due to the accident.

The court heard Smith, of Halewood, was more than twice the legal limit of cannabis and was driving a stolen white Ford Fiesta with false number plates and fraudulently acquired insurance.
But on the plus side....
He was also disqualified from driving for 10 years and four months.

Being a left footer I've been inside the wigwam many times.

It's a wonderful place and the light changes by the minute through the stained glass windows.

Some of the best of "modern" architecture given that it was opened IIRC in 1966.

Like I say I don't know what it is about the building I don't like its a gut feeling. St.Marys in St.Helens looks more of a cathedral than the wigwam.
Lowe_House_Church_(St.Mary's)_St.Helens_-_geograph.org.uk_-_33949-1.jpg

Like I say I don't know what it is about the building I don't like its a gut feeling. St.Marys in St.Helens looks more of a cathedral than the wigwam.
View attachment 584088
I frequently walk past that on the way to the Turks Head - if you get the chance once the Covid is over then go inside - breathtakingly beautiful. As long as you ignore the grotty grotto on the other side of it (on your photo) My photo doesn’t do it justice.

9FA32671-EFC8-4098-94AF-EBDB2725FF6D.jpeg

The Church in the main square is constructed of brick - but if you look past that it is a remarkable structure, and designed by a noted architect.

A8DFB47C-A3E7-4936-ACBD-DA3AFF3D86EC.jpeg

Again, the interior takes you very much by surprise - and again, my photo definitely doesn’t do it justice.

3C4DFD33-CEF7-4FEF-9327-109F8557230A.jpeg

Latest Threads