Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scousers - can they sink any lower?

1606236610267.png

Female road sweepers cleaning the streets of Liverpool as the men are away fighting, 1916.

Their blokes aren’t at war anyway. They’re all in the nick.
Must have been a big nick...........

The Regiment formed 49 battalions and were awarded 58 Battle Honours and six Victoria Crosses, losing 15,000 men during the course of the war.

Must have been a big nick...........

The Regiment formed 49 battalions and were awarded 58 Battle Honours and six Victoria Crosses, losing 15,000 men during the course of the war.

15000 men deserted, ******* scousers.

"The Regiment"? Lost 15,000 men? Methinks you full of shit, SAS never had 15,000.
It was a reference to the Kings Regiment, you probably knew that but you had to stick your oar in with your usual incisive wit.

Lazy bitches. Not seeing much sweeping going on, clearly stage-managed.
Glad you let us into that secret, we've all been thinking 6 cleaners were allocated to every street. Very perceptive. Please go away.

It was a reference to the Kings Regiment, you probably knew that but you had to stick your oar in with your usual incisive wit.
This would have been when the town/city of Liverpool was part of a county, so that’s a reasonable part of the town to be conscripted under the banner of the town. Especially as lots would be called in to maritime use. Anyone nearby would be Lancashire/Cheshires.
My Grandma always wrote to her rellies “Liverpool, Lancashire” into the 1950s, I think.

This would have been when the town/city of Liverpool was part of a county, so that’s a reasonable part of the town to be conscripted under the banner of the town. Especially as lots would be called in to maritime use. Anyone nearby would be Lancashire/Cheshires.
My Grandma always wrote to her rellies “Liverpool, Lancashire” into the 1950s, I think.
I couldn't believe 53 battalions, but there were labour battalions, port battalions etc.

Liverpool was Lancashire until the 70s