Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scousers - can they sink any lower?

Chef

LE
for info: The "Liverppol Echo" is written and produced in ..... Manchester, by Mancs.

It was bought out in the 1980s by Trinity Mirror who cut the editorial staff, downsized and moved the editorial team to Manchester where they are rolled up with the Manc Evening News staff.

Fat Joe Anderson is a hateful piece of lard who is in the back pocket of developers and doesn't give a shit about the city as long as his personal bank balance looks good.

I can't prove this, but refer to the number of skyscrapers that have gone up since Fat Joe has been in office, the hideous proposal for a zip wire and the plan to build housing on Walton Hall Park.

Burning the fat lump should power the entire city for about a month.

You don't like him, do you?

No, that's Manchester.
Fat Joe is in the back pocket of Peel Holdings who want to make the city look like Chicago
Wiki doesn't tell half the story as Peel are dedicated to the destruction of everything in their path to making money.

In particular, read the section marked "Criticism"
Actually quite common in Liverpool, story in each week about it. Igo past plenty of unfinished sites going in to the city centre, especially by the hospital.

GreyArea

War Hero
The original one was demolished, then after a few years a new one was built on the same area.

But that wont stop the scousers burbling on about it being a "National treasure"

Have you been?

I hope they get allocated millions, the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here will be a joy to behold ^~

The Echo at the cutting edge of journalism again...
Screenshot_20200904-130037_Facebook.jpg

No one at the Echo is capable of fact checking or any sort of research.
I know that they don't read the comments as they get a major Slagging off 99% of commentators and if they read them they would slit their wrists.

RBMK

War Hero
That's because it's the Livchester Manpool Evening Echo News

When I actually used to live in the pool (last time around 1996) the Echo was still a reasonable local paper until taken over by Trinity Mirror in 1999 [Reach plc as they are now].

Same company owns Manc Evening News and most of the other local papers in the country.

If you think your paper is local, forget it. All the titles are overseen / edited centrally and printed at a few centralised printing centres e.g. Nottingham Post is actually printed in Birmingham, which is the Reach Midlands hub.

What remains locally is a few junior reporters working in a small office with the rest of the news coming from Reach central politburo.

Don't get me started on "local" radio.

NSP

LE
Saw that earlier. We don't have Harrier jets any more, especially the ones that broke the sound barrier.
Could have been worse/funnier if they posted pic of Harrier with USMC markings instead of RAF ones.
Not to mention that generally in peacetime it is strictly prohibit (in law, I think) to break the sound barrier over land (well, our land anyway), which is why Concorde did not punch through the barrier until beyond the western territorial limit of Ireland on the outbound route and the routes to Oz were scrapped.

Saw that earlier. We don't have Harrier jets any more, especially the ones that broke the sound barrier.
Could have been worse/funnier if they posted pic of Harrier with USMC markings instead of RAF ones.

When I saw that I must admit I checked to see if it was a USMC one, I was half disappointed that it wasn't.

Not to mention that generally in peacetime it is strictly prohibit (in law, I think) to break the sound barrier over land (well, our land anyway), which is why Concorde did not punch through the barrier until beyond the western territorial limit of Ireland on the outbound route and the routes to Oz were scrapped.
Actually concorde should have just gone full thrust over Ireland just to scare the bejesus out of them.

I'd guess that the jets training over north wales would be more like hitting around 500mph, and that's fast enough to be about a second between hearing them and seeing them

No one at the Echo is capable of fact checking or any sort of research.
I know that they don't read the comments as they get a major Slagging off 99% of commentators and if they read them they would slit their wrists.
Just wait, some local chippies will be putting in compensation claims now

NSP

LE
Actually concorde should have just gone full thrust over Ireland just to scare the bejesus out of them.
Heard the crack of the thing going through the barrier when we were doing a cable route survey out to the continental shelf. It was well north of us but sounded like it was right overhead - hell of a bang. Easy to understand why people lost windows and didn't want it going supersonic to Oz and back, really. Over open water is the only viable place to open the taps and go supersonic in peacetime.

Last edited:

Latest Threads