Scousers - can they sink any lower?

Richard Wright, 39, who was born and raised in Liverpool, believes we should all move away from saying 'Scouse' and referring to people from Liverpool as 'Scousers'.

In 2016, Richard added the word 'Liverpolitan' to the Urban Dictionary website. He says the term could be used to refer to anyone from anywhere in the Liverpool City Region.

He believes by replacing Scouser with Liverpolitan we could tap into the growing political unity of Liverpool, Halton, Knowsley, Sefton, Wirral and St Helens.

Richard says that for him, the term 'Scouser' creates a needless tension between those from the city of Liverpool and others from surrounding areas, often termed 'wools'.

The above tells me everything I need to know about him. I bet he is a right champagne militant. That's my favourite insult, now. I can't wait to call someone a "Liverpolitan" now. Can we make up some chants for them, when football is back on?

Oops

Old-Salt
Richard Wright, 39, who was born and raised in Liverpool, believes we should all move away from saying 'Scouse' and referring to people from Liverpool as 'Scousers'.

In 2016, Richard added the word 'Liverpolitan' to the Urban Dictionary website. He says the term could be used to refer to anyone from anywhere in the Liverpool City Region.

He believes by replacing Scouser with Liverpolitan we could tap into the growing political unity of Liverpool, Halton, Knowsley, Sefton, Wirral and St Helens.

Richard says that for him, the term 'Scouser' creates a needless tension between those from the city of Liverpool and others from surrounding areas, often termed 'wools'.

The above tells me everything I need to know about him. I bet he is a right champagne militant. That's my favourite insult, now. I can't wait to call someone a "Liverpolitan" now. Can we make up some chants for them, when football is back on?
It'll just've propogated the rumour the two Premier League footy teams are merging amongst some.

I'm sure if you actually mentioned that word in Town , you'd get directions to the Cathedral..

If you went on to explain further about Mr Wright's concerns, I'm pretty certain you'd hear the words 'Blert' 'Tube' or 'Meff' pretty often amongst the younger demographic.

Amongst the older it'd simply be 'Knob' .

Scousers, eh?

Horrible, murdering, corpse-robbing, thieving, pikey, communist, Liverpolitan cúnts doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

I think I'll stick to horrible sc*use cúnts, thankyou.

Why make up a word when Liverpudlian has been around for years?

The bloke is a prick. Scouse not English ^~

Latest Threads