Scousers - can they sink any lower?

I used to work in insurance and remember being given a list of "do not insure" postcodes about 15 years ago. Most were northern postcodes, the exception being IG (Ilford) and G (Glasgow). L and M postcodes each had about a dozen entries on the list, but most were for areas with high ethic minority populations as they were prone to fraud. Think Halifax, Bradford, Huddersfield, Rotherham etc.
Our house and car insurance dropped dramatically when the post code changed from L to CH.

Oops

War Hero
Ssshhhhh. You'll be saying next that Formby is not in Liverpool.
Nobody wants Formby...
Scousers think it's Lancs,
Lancys know it Scouse ( maybe the worst sort, iykwim)
Herr K excepted, how was he supposed to know?

Two 'Prominent' Wigganers then!
Owned a string of sports shops, and RL/Football clubs....
Started off as a greengrocer, not the best thought of kinda chap, especially those who used to supply veg, (note the word 'supply' rather than 'sold' ... the second rather inferrs payment!)

My Granma was bought up in L13 and the only advice she gave me was the same as the advice given to her a a girl. Never trust the lads into football. Red or blue.
Now, my question is (and I understand the parochialism/factionism of this thread): were the Scousers living by postcode lines earlier than the rest of the country? Was it an even better way to delineate battle lines/snobbery? Or what?
It’s clear it’s still a big issue now. It’s infected me here in Hampshire, where we (I) can snob at inferior PO codes (12-15, by the way).
Your thoughts welcome on postcode apartheid.

My Granma was bought up in L13 and the only advice she gave me was the same as the advice given to her a a girl. Never trust the lads into football. Red or blue.
Now, my question is (and I understand the parochialism/factionism of this thread): were the Scousers living by postcode lines earlier than the rest of the country? Was it an even better way to delineate battle lines/snobbery? Or what?
It’s clear it’s still a big issue now. It’s infected me here in Hampshire, where we (I) can snob at inferior PO codes (12-15, by the way).
Am in L13, and it's Romanians and drugs here. Football sides are **** all to do with anything here except when Liverpool play at home and all these high-end cars need somewhere to park without paying fees

Am in L13, and it's Romanians and drugs here. Football sides are **** all to do with anything here except when Liverpool play at home and all these high-end cars need somewhere to park without paying fees
If it is that bad,why don't you move?

I think my Granma’s advice (given to her) was to do with avoiding scallywags (associated with football). She was brought up at a school where the scouse accent was very strongly discouraged, and at home likewise. She was quite well tutored, and if anything her accent was quite Lancashire (see above posts).

Oops

War Hero
It's not really about postcodes, colour's got something to do with it right enough, but it's not skin or footy....

It's bins;)

I grew up in L20 until 1982 then L30 until I joined RMP in 1986. Apart from a few months back in L30 when I left RMP, the rest of my time has been spent in CA15. ;)

Again, this is the Scousers aren't very nice thread, this thread is about Scousers.
And a quick look on local paper says ...

To be fair in response to the motorbike/scrote bag/bus interface the comments of the FB page are mostly people offering their sympathy to the bus and hoping it makes a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second article - he was a Manc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its has been established the assassin is a stupid cünt

I grew up in L5 [Scottie Road] then forced out to L32 [Kirkby - which is why I absolutely hate Kirkby]

Latest Threads