Scousers - can they sink any lower?

I am First Class AA+1+1A with my time served.

And Scouse not English, just goes to prove yet again that we are the superior race ^~

Places I am vaguely familiar with, I’ve been to both a couple times, but neither really fired my rockets.

My Great Uncle Dick (RIP) was from Wigan. As a nipper, he’d say “Centre of the Universe, is Wigan”. To my eternal shame (or should it have been his?), I actually believed him until I was about 10 or so and realised he was talking bollocks :)
But they do have a great pier.

Oops

Old-Salt
I used to work in insurance and remember being given a list of "do not insure" postcodes about 15 years ago. Most were northern postcodes, the exception being IG (Ilford) and G (Glasgow). L and M postcodes each had about a dozen entries on the list, but most were for areas with high ethic minority populations as they were prone to fraud. Think Halifax, Bradford, Huddersfield, Rotherham etc.
There were quite a few very unhappy farmery types around the relatively small BB area, when their premiums tripled , with a clean claim history.
T'was in the day when "computer says....." was in its infancy regarding insurance quotes.
Strangely, it coincided with the explosion in the 'Cash for Crash' schemes that eminated from a certain ethnic demographic, Blackburn being their home turf.
Cus. was cutting his teeth as a newly qualified solicitor at the time, they hired an office overlooking a particularly 'hazardous' roundabout....
I think the record was seventeen claims from one 'bump'.
He had a helluva job proving their identities, those Terraced houses and face coverings... He could've sworn he was talking to familiar folk at alternate houses down the street!

There were quite a few very unhappy farmery types around the relatively small BB area, when their premiums tripled , with a clean claim history.
T'was in the day when "computer says....." was in its infancy regarding insurance quotes.
Strangely, it coincided with the explosion in the 'Cash for Crash' schemes that eminated from a certain ethnic demographic, Blackburn being their home turf.
Cus. was cutting his teeth as a newly qualified solicitor at the time, they hired an office overlooking a particularly 'hazardous' roundabout....
I think the record was seventeen claims from one 'bump'.
He had a helluva job proving their identities, those Terraced houses and face coverings... He could've sworn he was talking to familiar folk at alternate houses down the street!
If I was being mischievous I could say that my original post shows how useless Scousers are as they cannot even be top of a car crime list on their own dedicated thread.

The reality is that the list is long obsolete as quotes can now be done down to individual post code level (usually a dozen houses or so), so living in M14, Moss Side I believe, is no longer a case of "let's generate a five figure quote so that they bugger off". The list was also prepared before the influx of large numbers of alcoholic Eastern Europeans which seriously skewed the ratings.

Genuinely curious; I grew up in L62 and L63, but not lived there in thirty-odd years, nor the UK at large in 15 years. Do those places have different postcodes now? Used to enjoy drinking in the boozer on Parkgate seafront. Red Lion, was it?
I think I know the pub. Did it have a large, cantankerous parrot?
I used to like the Harp at Neston. Not scouse enough for here, but lovely place.

So what would be the criteria? I lived in Wales for a year, on the Wirral for 16 years. I am neither Welsh nor a Scouser, the Welsh and Scousers would be the first to tell you that, and me the second. 9 years in Dorset doesn’t make me a southern poofter either. I have also lived in the US for 15 years, am actually a US Citizen, but don’t sound at all American. I was born in Hyde, Cheshire. But that bit of Cheshire is now in Greater Manchester. I am definitely not a Manc.

I think if there’s to be any kind of register on here, it should be your association with the Army; it is after all, the Army Rumour Service, and the geographical diversity is part of what makes the Armed Forces what it is.

All citizens are equal, but some are more equal than others, so I’d have:

1st Class: Those that have served in the Army
2nd Class: Those that have served in the RN/RM/RAF
3rd Class: Those that have never served, but are padsbrats and followed the flag as children.
4th Class: Those that have served in the Armed Forces of allied nations
5th Class: Those that have never served in the Armed Forces, but have served as Plod/medical/Trumpton etc
6th Class: Civvies of UK and allied nations
7th Class: Civvies and armed forces of other nations.
8th Class: insert jibes against specified towns/accents/regiments/services here. A gunner that guards airfields and is from a city in the former East Lancashire is likely to fit here.
None of the above.

Latest Threads