Scottish Yeomanry and The Ayrshire Yeomanry

Boxy

GCM
I was Girvan detachment. Belmont detachment (who are based in Ayr Squadron's centre) also wore the cap badge, other than that I wasn't aware there were other detachments that wore the Scottish Yeomanry cap badge.
A fair few detachments in West Lowand did and maybe a couple of other Bns did, not too sure, but the badge was worn long after the Regt dissolved, most of them now AFAIK are now sporting the SNIY badge

A fair few detachments in West Lowand did and maybe a couple of other Bns did, not too sure, but the badge was worn long after the Regt dissolved, most of them now AFAIK are now sporting the SNIY badge
Well we wore the cap badge up until at least 2017 when I timed out, I returned as an adult instructor in May and we now wear the SNIY cap badge. Although I think we should have kept the Scottish Yeomanry's cap badge it was pretty neat to be walking around with a wee piece of history on your head and it was a very unique and cool looking cap badge!

Boxy

GCM
Well we wore the cap badge up until at least 2017 when I timed out, I returned as an adult instructor in May and we now wear the SNIY cap badge. Although I think we should have kept the Scottish Yeomanry's cap badge it was pretty neat to be walking around with a wee piece of history on your head and it was a very unique and cool looking cap badge!

I was quite probably your instructor…

I was Girvan detachment. Belmont detachment (who are based in Ayr Squadron's centre) also wore the cap badge, other than that I wasn't aware there were other detachments that wore the Scottish Yeomanry cap badge.
Yup, two dets of Glasgow and Lanarkshire (both in the EK TA centre) wore the SY cap badge up until 99 when they were re badged SDG.

Yup, two dets of Glasgow and Lanarkshire (both in the EK TA centre) wore the SY cap badge up until 99 when they were re badged SDG.
To the best of my knowledge I think Girvan and Belmont were the last holdouts of the Scottish Yeomanry's cap badge. I'd been a cadet for almost seven years of my life and met cadets from all over Scotland and it's different battalions and never once did I encounter a Scottish Yeomanry cap badge. Plenty of SCOTS DG, who potentially could have worn the Scottish Yeomanry cap badge but got rebadged as you did.

It's actually really interesting to know that we weren't the only ones with that cap badge!

I was quite probably your instructor…
Just re read some of your posts. You don't know a guy called John "L" from Ayr do you (mental but a good laugh)? Was in 205 Fd Hosp in Glasgow then transferred to the yeomanry sqn in Ayr.