Scottish tourist attraction bans English Tourists!

jim30 said:
Link from Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/2...lish-visitors-in-revenge-for-1298-battle.html

I'm getting really hacked off with this shite. If someone said "lets ban all colonial visitors from our museum unless they pledge allegeiance to the UK for a day" then they'd be fired.

Surely this is in clear breach of discrimination laws?
yeah, all Scottish people are cunts.

If anyone has an issue with the above statement, please feel free to write to me at:

Arby McArby
Thames Tower
Blacks Road
London
W6 9EL

the blokes just been on radio 5, they haven;t banned anyone and wouldn't as its the height of the summer, what they have done is asked people to swear their allegance to William Wallace and if they don't they have a Wallace-a-like to threaten them into doing it.

50 people have joined in the fun so far and lots have refused, still allowed in the castle to enjoy the fun. No one has brought anything 'English' to be smashed up ether.

But would have thought the PR bloke who though it all up will be getting a good bouns this year

WW

Feck em. They're only thick porridge wogs.

They dont exactly have a great track record. Look at how many deep fried mars bar eating, buckfast drinking plebs are in government.

Let them have their day. Once we cut the freeloaders off and force them into independance, we'll see how well the Jockanese can survive on their own.

Hmmmm

"The Edinburgh Dungeon is one of Edinburgh’s five most popular tourist attractions and is part of a chain, with other branches in London, York, Hamburg and Amsterdam. "

Perhaps the chaps in York could think of something.......

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Lordy. I pinged this in the Telegraph first thing this morning and am honestly surprised that it's taken Disgruntled of Derbyshire this long to post it up.

Mass sense of humour failure at the Telegraph, that's all.

Liked this bit though:

He said: “People are invited to bring scones, tea bags, English literature, fine bone china or anything else typically English. We plan to smash them with a sword like the one Wallace carried.”
The clue being in the names.

Isn't it the sort of place where all the staff "play a part" in character?

I laughed when I saw this. What is it they say? There's no such thing as bad publicity.

(Unless of course you're Gary Glitter or the McCanns).

Would there be such a furore if the septics had staged a tongue in cheek stunt on Independence Day?

Pinch of sea salt lads.... :D

Reminds me of a joke I heard.

Englishman walks into a hotel, the place smells of pee and cabbage and is festooned with Tartan & Saltires.

He walks up to the reception where a Ginger type is swilling buckfast and eating a deep fried mars bar.

"Aye can I help ye Jimmy?" asks the receptionist.

"Yes my good man" says the tourist "My wife and I require accomodation for this evening"

The receptionist drops his half eaten deep fried confectionary..

"English.. yer English? Listen Jimmy we don't like English b*stards in our hotel, d'ye ken, we remember Wallace and Culloden and Longshanks, we don't want yer English Gold unless it's yer taxes, now why don't ye and yer sassenach bitch p*ss off out of here?"

My God" replies the Englishman "With your attitude it's a wonder your business survives"

"Aye thats true" replies the Jock "And if things get any worse I may have to move back North to Scotland!"

Hmm the WASP's seem to be swarming around this one.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Feck em. They're only thick porridge wogs.

They dont exactly have a great track record. Look at how many deep fried mars bar eating, buckfast drinking plebs are in government.

Let them have their day. Once we cut the freeloaders off and force them into independance, we'll see how well the Jockanese can survive on their own.
Flashy old bean.

Point A; Which gubment? The homeland one or that bunch O' scunners in Westminster?

Point B; Tis easy just bum a load of cash of the EU like the Irish, Polish, French,Croatians etc etc and soon the newly elected members :)

And The United Kindom of England (Made up of the soon to be devolved Yorkshire, Cornwall and assorted other counties) will have to carry on forking out hard earned Tax revenue to support Bonnie wee Scootland.

Tis a plan a long time in the making, a thousand years of racial oppression and segregation. Revenge is a dish served cold.

and if you believe any of that your far to drunk for this time of the day. :wink:

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Let's not be petty. Just do as I do and turn the other cheek. Then, hie myself back to Northumberland to lay more stones on the Wall.

Sparky2339 said:
I laughed when I saw this. What is it they say? There's no such thing as bad publicity.

(Unless of course you're Gary Glitter or the McCanns).

Would there be such a furore if the septics had staged a tongue in cheek stunt on Independence Day?

Pinch of sea salt lads.... :D
Ah a plan for a reverse stunt. Hows about we send the Cutty Sark filled to the brim with finest Assam and a company of marines for their next bash?

dpcw said:
Oh, didn't you know? The English are the victims and it's all our fault. I thought I'd mentioned it at the last meeting...

Do they ask for the allegience to make up for the 2,000 proud scots who deserted that day?

Or for the 10,000 Welsh Longbow men who fought that day also (on the English side).

Or perhaps they ask for the food to make up for the Scots who died thanks to Wallaces "scortched earth" policy, that almost brought Edwards army to the brink of defeat, but certainly kicked a fair few of the locals hard in the nads!!!

Why do they make out they are always the victim?

from the article?
He added: “I’m sure it is meant tongue in cheek, but the English did far worse things to the Scots in Wallace’s time.”
And of course the Scots just sat around making tartan, short bread and whiskey all day, stopping only to be slaughtered by the English every so often.

FFS. :roll:

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
smartascarrots said:
dpcw said:
Oh, didn't you know? The English are the victims and it's all our fault. I thought I'd mentioned it at the last meeting...

Sorry mate, I was late with the minutes. If anyone else missed them then can I just remind them that when the Telegraph bangs on about 'subsidy junkies' and 'the Union Dividend' it's only banter.

We can't do it back.

In response a spokesman for the VisitEngland Tourist board said, "it doesn't really matter much anyway as every scottish person, to a man, is a useless, lazy, idle, pissed up, obese, unemployed, unemployable, skirt wearing nancy boy, more obsessed with violating sheep, painting their arrses blue and banging on about something that happened 500 years ago to notice that the English nicked all their oil money, nicked all their jobs, bought their best houses and are currently in the process of chucking their muck up every Scotsman's daughter we can find, to try and beef up the, frankly, ditch-water weak scottish gene pool”

Oooh touchy, touchy!!!

I honestly can't believe how many people have bitten!!

Hook, line and sinker - if the Edinburgh Dungeon could see this thread right now, they'd be doing hi fives and a jig (the dance) or two. Job's a goodun.

Whether you're Scots, Irish, Welsh or English, our most popular sport isn't football, rugby, cricket etc...

It's "the wind up".

Between nation's, counties and shires, within towns and villages, within the workplace, and as you all know too well, between units and reg's. Always has been and always will be.

We may be "called" the United Kingdom but if we're honest we're still ALL tribal and never miss an opportunity to put the boot in. It's in our nature.

I love a wind up and a bit of baiting.

Biscuits, I liked your suggestion with the Assam and booties :D