Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

We really need to start reacting against laws which seek to outlaw possession of objects rather than having to prove malintent...

I know it makes the Police's job easier, however I'm not sure that this should be the aim, otherwise it simply degenerates to reductio ad absurdum..

Oh, and I like fireworks! (Who would have guessed..!)

We really need to start reacting against laws which seek to outlaw possession of objects rather than having to prove malintent...

I know it makes the Police's job easier, however I'm not sure that this should be the aim, otherwise it simply degenerates to reductio ad absurdum..

Oh, and I like fireworks! (Who would have guessed..!)
Boom boom :)

It would be madness not to care for the carers.

No doubt there will be many who see this as using Scotland as guinea pigs.

The guidance is vaccinaters first, then care homes, front line NHS staff are 3rd tranche.

Especially as case quoted to me is a non clinical member of staff in a high street dentist

The guidance is vaccinaters first, then care homes, front line NHS staff are 3rd tranche.

Especially as case quoted to me is a non clinical member of staff in a high street dentist
"Leakage"?

I have a mate who is a dental tech.. he is far from impressed at the way in which the dentists have been behaving. They seem to have been doing a load of F All whilst being paid.. although nothing much coming down to the support strata.. He has been keeping hand to mouth repairing wally teeth via the back door.. but nothing from the practitioners. even though they have been charging him rent!

"Leakage"?

I have a mate who is a dental tech.. he is far from impressed at the way in which the dentists have been behaving. They seem to have been doing a load of F All whilst being paid.. although nothing much coming down to the support strata.. He has been keeping hand to mouth repairing wally teeth via the back door.. but nothing from the practitioners. even though they have been charging him rent!

Dental technicians, especially self employed were particularly hard done by during this pandemic.
They did not benefit from the monies directly paid to dentists.
Most dental nurses and receptionists went on the furlough scheme as employees.
However dentists' hands were tied in the fact practices were shut for so long and then when reopened the NHS regulations did not initially include much denture work and no crown and bridge at all.
Plus even when we could, the patients were just not beating a path to our door to get new dentures.

So yes, your pal is correct.

A friend of mine just shared this on FB. What flabbers my gast is that he's a very intelligent, decent bloke. It just amazes me the pish people believe! Especially since the actual figures are so readily available if you just look for them.

1607155808892.png

But it must be true.

Revealed: The ACCOUNTING TRICK that Hides Scotland's Wealth (2020)
3 months ago
by Gordon MacIntyre-Kemp

It’s not all about oil though, as is made remarkably clear from the evidence in our publication Scotland the Brief. Scotland has everything that it takes to be an extremely prosperous and successful independent nation, and more. Scotland with only 8.4% of the UK population possesses 34% of the UK’s natural wealth.

This prompts the question – why does a naturally wealthy nation with a strong, resilient and diverse onshore economy, booming exports, a highly educated population, low unemployment, a wealth of oil and renewables, and a wide range of strong economic sectors have a set of accounts (GERS) that suggest that Scotland’s finances are weak? That is a trick question, it doesn’t. GERS is not a set of accounts for spending in Scotland it contains spending outside of Scotland that doesn’t benefit Scotland economy and that Scotland didn’t generate. GERS also contains clear evidence of mechanisms for removing wealth from Scotland’s accounts which then creates a phoney deficit. There are actually several hidden mechanisms for stealthily removing Scotland’s wealth. The one we will look at in this article is debt loading.

A friend of mine just shared this on FB. What flabbers my gast is that he's a very intelligent, decent bloke. It just amazes me the pish people believe! Especially since the actual figures are so readily available if you just look for them.

View attachment 526226

But this is so true, Scotland has centuries of experience in exporting wigs, combs and mirrors. Why are the populace no celebrating this in an annual festival? It's all the English's fault, so it is.

All those nasty MOD folk bringing the plague to the isolated North, fecking up our figures!

If the RN get us moved out of Tier 1, they will not get a Christmas card!
It's only the English sailors that have tested positive as well!

All those nasty MOD folk bringing the plague to the isolated North, fecking up our figures!

If the RN get us moved out of Tier 1, they will not get a Christmas card!
That is what you get for all your gloating with a pint the other week :-D